Current Watches and Warnings
Statement as of 3:21 AM CDT on October 30, 2014
Expires 11:00 AM EDT on November 01, 2014
... Freeze warning in effect from 11 PM Friday to 10 am CDT
The National Weather Service in Tulsa has issued a freeze
warning... which is in effect from 11 PM Friday to 10 am CDT
For the following counties...
* in Oklahoma... Cherokee... Adair... creek... Okmulgee... Wagoner...
Tulsa... Rogers... Mayes... Delaware... Pawnee... Ottawa...
Washington... Osage... Craig... Nowata and Muskogee.
In Arkansas... Washington... Madison... Benton and Carroll.
* This replaces the watch that was in effect.
* a cold front will move through the area this afternoon into
this evening with significantly colder conditions into Friday.
A freeze is expected Friday night into Saturday morning as a
cold ... Canadian air mass settles over the area. A hard freeze
is likely across portions of far northeast Oklahoma and north
Arkansas with temperatures falling into the mid 20s by Saturday
* these conditions will kill plants and other tender vegetation
that are left outdoors or unprotected.
* a freeze warning means freezing temperatures will occur.
* outdoor water pipes should be wrapped or drained. If you have
plants... small trees or other tender vegetation which could be
harmed by a freeze... take the time now to protect them. Potted
plants normally left outdoors should be covered or brought
inside away from the cold. Also be sure to bring your small
pets indoors. Outdoor pets should have a warm... dry shelter
with sufficient food and fresh water.
* Stay tuned to NOAA Weather Radio... commercial radio or television
for the latest information concerning this weather event.
Additional weather information can also be found at:
- Alaska - High Wind Watch
- Arkansas - Freeze Watch , Freeze Warning
- California - Winter Storm Watch , Special Statement , Record Report
- Colorado - Public Information Statement
- Connecticut - Special Statement , Public Information Statement
- Hawaii - High Surf Advisory
- Illinois - Lakeshore Flood Advisory , Freeze Watch , Special Statement
- Indiana - Lakeshore Flood Advisory , Special Statement , Public Information Statement
- Kansas - Freeze Warning , Freeze Watch , Freeze Warning, Freeze Watch , Public Information Statement
- Kentucky - Special Statement
- Massachusetts - Special Statement , Public Information Statement
- Michigan - Lakeshore Flood Advisory , Lake Effect Snow Advisory
- Missouri - Freeze Watch , Freeze Warning , Special Statement
- Montana - Public Information Statement
- Nebraska - Public Information Statement
- Nevada - Winter Storm Watch , Special Statement
- New Hampshire - Special Statement
- New York - Public Information Statement
- North Carolina - Frost Advisory, Winter Storm Watch , Winter Storm Watch , Record Report
- Oklahoma - Freeze Watch , Freeze Warning
- South Carolina - Record Report
- Tennessee - Winter Storm Watch , Special Statement , Public Information Statement
- Vermont - Public Information Statement
- Virginia - Winter Storm Watch , Special Statement
- Washington - Areal Flood Watch
- Wisconsin - Wind Advisory , Lake Effect Snow Advisory , Special Statement