Current Watches and Warnings
Colorado, Northeast Weld County
Public Information Statement
Statement as of 2:59 AM MDT on October 01, 2016
... Today in Metro Denver weather history...
30-1 in 1959... heavy snowfall totaled 5.9 inches at Stapleton
Airport. Winds were light.
1 in 1892... the highest temperature ever recorded in October...
90 degrees... occurred. This is also the latest 90 degree
reading of the season.
In 1898... southwest winds were sustained to 40 mph with
gusts to 49 mph in the city.
In 1927... a trace of snow was the only snow of the month...
ranking the year... amongst several other years... the
second least snowiest on record.
In 1971... a wind gust to 90 mph was recorded at Buckley
field in Aurora. The severe winds caused damage in
northeast Metro Denver. A brick wall of a bowling alley
was blown down... the roof was blown off a garage... and some
business signs were damaged. A man in the bowling alley
was injured by flying glass. Northwest winds gusted to
43 mph at Stapleton International Airport.
In 1994... unusually strong thunderstorms for so late in the
season pummeled Metro Denver with large hail. The largest
hail... 2 inches in diameter... fell at Buckley field. Hail
1 3/4 inches in diameter fell 7 miles northeast of Boulder
and at Niwot. Hail 3/4 to 1 1/2 inches in diameter fell in
Boulder... Arvada... Wheat Ridge... Edgewater... Capitol Hill and
northwest Denver... Bennett... and Strasburg. Hail of unknown
size damaged a boeing 737 aircraft and injured both pilots
at Stapleton International Airport when the windshield was
broken out on takeoff. Half inch diameter hail fell at
Stapleton International Airport where northwest winds
gusted to 40 mph and rainfall totaled 0.82 inch.
In 2009... strong downslope winds near the foothills produced
a peak wind gust to 84 mph at the National wind technology
center near Rocky Flats.
In 2014... severe thunderstorms produced wind gusts to 60 mph
across parts of Arapahoe and Denver counties. The intense
wind gusts downed trees and power lines which caused a
power outage near the Denver technology center. At Denver
International Airport... a peak wind gust to 37 mph was
measured from the northwest.
- Alaska - Record Report
- Arizona - Air Quality Alert
- California - Lake Wind Advisory , Winter Weather Advisory , Fire Weather Warning
- Colorado - Public Information Statement
- Delaware - Areal Flood Warning , Coastal Flood Advisory
- District of Columbia - Coastal Flood Advisory
- Florida - Beach Hazard Statement
- Georgia - Record Report
- Illinois - Flood Warning
- Indiana - Dense Fog Advisory , Record Report
- Iowa - Flood Warning , Public Information Statement
- Kansas - Public Information Statement
- Kentucky - Dense Fog Advisory , Record Report
- Maryland - Areal Flood Warning , Coastal Flood Warning , Coastal Flood Advisory , Coastal Flood Warning, Coastal Flood Watch
- Michigan - Flood Advisory
- Minnesota - Flood Warning , Public Information Statement
- Missouri - Flood Warning , Public Information Statement
- Montana - Record Report
- Nevada - Lake Wind Advisory , Wind Advisory , Fire Weather Warning
- New Jersey - Coastal Flood Advisory
- New York - Coastal Flood Statement
- North Carolina - Flood Warning , Special Statement
- Ohio - Record Report
- South Carolina - Record Report
- Tennessee - Special Statement
- Texas - Flood Warning
- Virginia - Flood Warning , Areal Flood Warning , Coastal Flood Advisory
- Wisconsin - Flood Warning , Public Information Statement
- Wyoming - Record Report