Current Watches and Warnings
Colorado, Morgan County
Public Information Statement
Statement as of 2:59 AM MDT on June 19, 2013
... Today in Metro Denver weather history...
19 in 1874... during the afternoon... large columns of smoke from
extensive fires in the mountain forests moved over the
city from the west and southwest.
In 1875... while no precipitation was measured in the city...
rainfall over the Palmer Divide caused Cherry Creek to
rise to the highest level in 10 years.
In 1977... hail up to 2 inch diameter damaged two patrol cars
in Castle Rock.
In 1983 Golf Ball size hail fell just north of Bennett.
In 1990... lightning from a thunderstorm struck the roof of a
house in south Boulder. Residents of the house were able
to extinguish the ensuing fire with a garden hose... but not
before several shingles had burned.
In 1992... thunderstorms produced hail up to 2 inches in
diameter in central Douglas County near Castle Rock. Hail
was 3 inches deep on I-25 south of Castle Rock. A funnel
cloud was sighted near Parker.
In 1997... a 66-year-old man was knocked unconscious by a Bolt
of lightning while he was golfing at The Eagle Country
Club in Broomfield.
In 2000... dry microburst winds gusting to near 70 mph were
reported across southeast Boulder and northern Jefferson
counties. Peak wind gusts included: 68 mph at the National
wind technology center... 67 mph at Jefferson County Airport...
and 65 mph in Broomfield.
In 2001... severe thunderstorms produced large hail in the
foothills southwest of Denver. Hail as large as 1 3/4 inch
in diameter fell near Conifer and Bailey.
In 2002... lightning damaged the Evergreen fire protection
district radio repeater. One microwave transmitter... the
main fire channel transmitter... and two solar panel
controllers were destroyed. Lightning struck a garage
and caused a small fire. Two vehicles parked in the garage
were damaged. Hail to 3/4 inch in diameter fell near Castle
In 2004... severe thunderstorms produced hail to 3/4 inch in
diameter near Castle Rock... Larkspur... and Golden.
19-21 in 1875... smoke from several large Forest fires in the
mountains was visible from the city on each of these days.
- Alaska - Areal Flood Watch , Areal Flood Advisory , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Arizona - Fire Weather Warning , Fire Weather Watch, Fire Weather Warning
- Arkansas - Flood Warning , Flood Advisory , Dense Fog Advisory , Record Report
- California - Wind Advisory , High Wind Warning , Fire Weather Warning , Public Information Statement
- Colorado - Fire Weather Watch , Fire Weather Warning , Fire Weather Warning, Fire Weather Watch , Special Statement , Public Information Statement
- Delaware - Record Report
- Florida - Record Report
- Georgia - Flood Warning , Public Information Statement
- Idaho - Wind Advisory , Record Report
- Illinois - Flood Warning
- Indiana - Flood Warning
- Iowa - Flood Warning
- Kansas - Flash Flood Warning
- Kentucky - Flood Warning
- Louisiana - Flood Warning , Flood Advisory , Dense Fog Advisory , Record Report
- Maryland - Record Report
- Massachusetts - Flood Warning
- Michigan - Flood Advisory , Record Report
- Mississippi - Flood Advisory
- Missouri - Flood Warning , Flood Advisory
- Montana - Lake Wind Advisory , Special Statement
- New Jersey - Record Report
- New Mexico - Fire Weather Warning , Fire Weather Warning, Fire Weather Watch
- North Carolina - Flood Warning , Areal Flood Advisory , Record Report
- North Dakota - Flood Warning , Wind Advisory
- Oklahoma - Record Report
- Oregon - Special Statement , Record Report
- Pennsylvania - Record Report
- South Carolina - Flood Warning , Public Information Statement
- South Dakota - Flood Warning
- Tennessee - Flood Advisory , Record Report
- Texas - Flood Warning , Dense Fog Advisory , Record Report
- Virginia - Record Report
- Washington - Special Statement , Record Report
- West Virginia - Record Report
- Wyoming - Fire Weather Warning
View your local ocean forecast and tides in our Marine Report.
See the latest severe weather alerts from the National Weather Services, locally and nationally, in our Severe Weather Center.
Get Weekday Weather Texts
- Text ATLWEATHER to 84816 for once-daily weather forecast 6:00 a.m. every morning Monday-Friday.