Current Watches and Warnings
Colorado, Sedgwick County
Public Information Statement
Statement as of 2:59 AM MDT on August 21, 2014
... Today in Metro Denver weather history...
19-30 in 1875... grasshoppers appeared in great numbers at 10:00 am
on the 19th. Thousands landed on the ground. The streets
were literally covered with them. Swarms of grasshoppers
were seen on each day. All gardens in the city were
devastated... and in the Countryside the grasshoppers were
very destructive to ripened grain. On the 30th the
grasshoppers were so numerous as to almost darken the sun.
21 in 1876... heavy thunderstorm rain and hail struck the city.
Hail stones as large as Partridge eggs accumulated to a
depth of 1 1/2 feet over eastern portions of the city.
The heavy rainfall flooded streets and gutters. However...
no significant damage was reported. Rainfall totaled 0.85
inch in central Denver.
In 1903... a thunderstorm produced west winds sustained to
42 mph with gusts to 48 mph.
In 1957... heavy thunderstorm rainfall and hail over The Bear
creek basin flooded portions of State Highway 8 in and near
Morrison. There was also minor property damage in Morrison.
In 1995... a 68-year-Old Woman was struck by lightning while
standing near a tree in Brighton.
In 2006... a severe thunderstorm produced 7/8 inch diameter
hail in Franktown.
- Alabama - Heat Advisory , Special Statement
- Alaska - Areal Flood Advisory , Dense Fog Advisory , Record Report
- Arizona - Record Report
- Arkansas - Special Statement
- California - Fire Weather Watch , Beach Hazard Statement , Record Report
- Colorado - Public Information Statement
- Connecticut - Public Information Statement
- Florida - Heat Advisory , Special Statement , Record Report
- Georgia - Heat Advisory
- Illinois - Flash Flood Warning , Heat Advisory , Excessive Heat Warning , Special Statement
- Indiana - Heat Advisory
- Iowa - Severe Thunderstorm Warning , Record Report
- Kansas - Heat Advisory
- Kentucky - Heat Advisory
- Maryland - Dense Fog Advisory
- Massachusetts - Public Information Statement
- Michigan - Special Statement
- Minnesota - Severe Thunderstorm Watch , Severe Thunderstorm Warning , Severe Thunderstorm Warning , Areal Flood Warning , Flash Flood Warning , Flash Flood Watch , Beach Hazard Statement , Special Statement , Record Report
- Mississippi - Special Statement
- Missouri - Heat Advisory , Excessive Heat Warning
- Montana - Record Report
- Nebraska - Record Report
- Nevada - Fire Weather Watch
- New York - Areal Flood Advisory , Public Information Statement
- North Carolina - Special Statement
- North Dakota - Flood Warning
- Ohio - Flood Warning
- South Carolina - Heat Advisory
- South Dakota - Flash Flood Warning , Record Report
- Tennessee - Special Statement
- Texas - Heat Advisory , Fire Weather Warning , Special Statement , Record Report
- Vermont - Public Information Statement
- Virginia - Dense Fog Advisory , Special Statement
- Washington - Flash Flood Watch
- West Virginia - Dense Fog Advisory , Special Statement
- Wisconsin - Flash Flood Watch , Beach Hazard Statement , Special Statement