Current Watches and Warnings
Colorado, Western Mosquito Range/East Lake County Above 11000 Ft
Winter Weather Advisory
Statement as of 8:36 PM MDT on April 26, 2015
Expires 8:00 AM EDT on April 27, 2015
... Winter Weather Advisory remains in effect until 6 am MDT
* location... Lake County... elevations above 9000 feet in Chaffee
County... the La Garita and eastern San Juan Mountains above
* Cause and timing... a strong Spring storm will affect the
region through tonight.
* Snow accumulation... 4 to 9 inches with locally higher amounts.
* Wind... northeast to east at 15 to 25 mph.
* Impact... travel will be hazardous due to snow... poor
visibilities and slushy... snow covered roads.
If you are planning to travel in the advisory area during the
time of the advisory... listen to the latest weather forecast and
consider traveling at another time or by another Route.
Public Information Statement
Statement as of 11:51 PM MDT on April 26, 2015
The following are preliminary observations for the storm that has
been affecting our region. This summary is also available on our
********************storm total snowfall********************
Location storm total time/date comments
... Chaffee County...
Maysville 2.0 901 PM 4/26 trained spotter
... Custer County...
6 W Westcliffe 4.5 812 PM 4/26 cocorahs
5 W Westcliffe 2.0 549 PM 4/26 trained spotter
2 WSW Rosita 1.5 707 PM 4/26 trained spotter
... Saguache County...
1 SSE Crestone 1.3 552 PM 4/26 trained spotter
... Teller County...
Woodland Park 3.0 449 PM 4/26 trained spotter
- Alabama - Record Report
- Arizona - Record Report
- Arkansas - Flood Warning , Flood Advisory , Special Statement
- California - Wind Advisory , Record Report
- Colorado - Winter Weather Advisory , Winter Storm Warning , Public Information Statement
- Florida - Flood Warning , Record Report
- Georgia - Flood Warning
- Hawaii - High Surf Advisory
- Idaho - Record Report
- Illinois - Flood Warning
- Indiana - Flood Warning
- Kentucky - Flood Warning
- Louisiana - Tornado Watch , Tornado Watch , Flood Warning , Flash Flood Watch
- Maine - Flood Warning
- Mississippi - Flood Warning , Flood Advisory
- Missouri - Flood Warning , Flood Advisory
- Nebraska - Special Statement , Public Information Statement
- Nevada - Record Report
- New Mexico - Winter Storm Warning
- New York - Public Information Statement
- North Carolina - Flood Warning , Record Report
- Oklahoma - Flood Warning , Flash Flood Watch
- South Carolina - Flood Warning
- Tennessee - Flood Warning , Flood Advisory , Special Statement
- Texas - Tornado Warning , Tornado Watch , Tornado Watch , Severe Thunderstorm Warning , Areal Flood Warning , Flood Warning , Areal Flood Warning , Flash Flood Watch , Areal Flood Advisory , Special Statement , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Utah - Hard Freeze Warning , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Vermont - Public Information Statement
- Virginia - Record Report
- Washington - Record Report
- West Virginia - Record Report
- Wyoming - Winter Weather Statement , Special Statement , Record Report , Public Information Statement