Current Watches and Warnings
Florida, Santa Rosa
Statement as of 10:00 AM CDT on April 18, 2014
Expires 5:45 AM EDT on April 21, 2014
The National Weather Service in Mobile has issued a
* Flood Warning for
the Blackwater river near Baker
* from Saturday morning until late Sunday night
* at 8am Friday the stage was... 7.1 feet
* minor flooding is forecast
* flood stage is 11 feet
* forecast to rise above flood stage by tomorrow morning and continue to rise to
near 12.5 feet by early Sunday morning. The river will fall below flood stage
by Sunday before midnight.
* At 12.0 feet... flooding of secondary roads and lowlands will subside as the
river drops below 12 feet.
Lat... Lon 3099 8674 3099 8671 3075 8672 3068 8688
3070 8690 3082 8675
Flash Flood Watch, Coastal Hazard Statement
Statement as of 6:38 AM CDT on April 18, 2014
Expires 8:00 PM EDT on April 18, 2014
219 am CDT Fri Apr 18 2014
... Flash Flood Watch remains in effect until 6 PM CDT this
The Flash Flood Watch continues for
* portions of Alabama and northwest Florida... including the
following areas... in Alabama... Conecuh... Covington...
Escambia... lower Baldwin... lower Mobile... upper Baldwin and
upper Mobile. In northwest Florida... coastal Escambia...
coastal Okaloosa... coastal Santa Rosa... inland Escambia...
inland Okaloosa and inland Santa Rosa.
* Until 6 PM CDT this evening
* widespread rain totals of 1 to 3 inches with locally higher
* Many rivers across the watch area are already in flood. This
additional rainfall may exacerbate the flooding along with
bringing instances of flash flooding.
A Flash Flood Watch means that conditions may develop that lead
to flash flooding. Flash flooding is a very dangerous situation.
You should monitor later forecasts and be prepared to take action
should flash flood warnings be issued.
... High rip current risk remains in effect through this evening...
* timing... through early this evening.
* Impacts... frequent to widespread rip currents will result in
dangerous swimming conditions along the beaches of Alabama and
the western Florida Panhandle.
There is a high risk of rip currents.
Rip currents are powerful channels of water flowing quickly away
from shore... which occur most often at low spots or breaks in The
Sandbar and in the vicinity of structures such as groins...
jetties and piers. Heed the advice of lifeguards and the beach
patrol. Pay attention to flags and posted signs.
If you become caught in a rip current... do not panic. Remain calm
and begin to swim parallel to shore. Once you are away from the
force of the rip current... begin to swim back to the beach. Do
not attempt to swim directly against a rip current. Even a strong
swimmer can become exhausted quickly.
Please visit the following website to share your thoughts on the
new rip current hazard...
- Alabama - Flood Warning , Flash Flood Watch , Flash Flood Watch, Coastal Hazard Statement , Areal Flood Watch
- Alaska - Record Report
- Arkansas - Flood Warning , Flood Advisory , Record Report
- California - Record Report
- Colorado - Public Information Statement
- Connecticut - Flood Warning , Record Report
- Florida - Flood Warning , Flash Flood Watch , Flash Flood Watch, Coastal Hazard Statement , Areal Flood Watch , High Surf Advisory, Coastal Hazard Statement, Areal Flood Watch , Coastal Hazard Statement , Areal Flood Watch, High Surf Advisory, Coastal Hazard Statement
- Georgia - Flood Warning , Areal Flood Watch , Flash Flood Watch, Coastal Hazard Statement , Flash Flood Watch , Areal Flood Watch, High Surf Advisory, Coastal Hazard Statement , Wind Advisory
- Illinois - Flood Warning
- Indiana - Flood Warning , Public Information Statement
- Iowa - Flood Warning
- Kansas - Public Information Statement
- Louisiana - Flood Warning
- Maine - Flood Warning , Hydrologic Statement
- Massachusetts - Flood Warning
- Michigan - Flood Warning , Flood Warning, Areal Flood Warning , Flood Advisory , Record Report
- Minnesota - Flood Warning , Winter Weather Advisory
- Mississippi - Flood Warning
- Missouri - Flood Advisory , Public Information Statement
- Montana - Lake Wind Advisory , High Wind Warning , Record Report
- Nebraska - Public Information Statement
- New Hampshire - Flood Warning
- New Jersey - Record Report
- New York - Flood Warning , Record Report
- North Carolina - Record Report
- North Dakota - Flood Warning , Wind Advisory
- Oregon - High Surf Advisory
- Pennsylvania - Record Report
- South Carolina - Flood Warning , Flash Flood Watch, Coastal Hazard Statement , Flash Flood Watch
- South Dakota - Wind Advisory
- Tennessee - Flood Advisory , Record Report
- Texas - Flood Warning , Public Information Statement
- Vermont - Flood Warning , Record Report
- Virginia - Record Report
- Washington - Areal Flood Warning , Special Statement , Record Report
- Wisconsin - Flood Warning , Record Report
- Wyoming - Special Statement , Public Information Statement