Current Watches and Warnings
Florida, Coastal Gulf
Coastal Hazard Statement
Statement as of 3:52 AM CDT on September 15, 2014
Expires 5:00 AM EDT on September 16, 2014
... A high rip current risk is now in effect through late
The National Weather Service in Tallahassee has issued a high rip
current risk... which is in effect through late tonight.
* Location... the beaches of the Florida Panhandle and western Big
* Timing... through tonight.
* Beach flags... expected to be red.
* Surf... 2 to 3 foot breakers with some 4 foot sets.
* Impacts... the surf will be dangerous for anyone entering the
There is a high risk of rip currents. Rip currents are powerful
channels of water flowing quickly away from shore... which occur
most often at low spots or breaks in The Sandbar and in the
vicinity of structures such as groins... jetties and piers. Heed
the advice of lifeguards and the beach patrol. Pay attention to
flags and posted signs. If you become caught in a rip current...
do not panic. Remain calm and begin to swim parallel to shore.
Once you are away from the force of the rip current... begin to
swim back to the beach. Do not attempt to swim directly against a
rip current. Even a strong swimmer can become exhausted quickly.
- Alaska - Areal Flood Advisory , Wind Advisory , Dense Fog Advisory , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Arkansas - Flood Warning , Record Report
- California - Excessive Heat Warning , Heat Advisory , Fire Weather Warning , Beach Hazard Statement , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Colorado - Public Information Statement
- Florida - Flood Warning , Coastal Hazard Statement
- Georgia - Flood Warning , Flash Flood Watch
- Hawaii - High Surf Advisory , Record Report
- Illinois - Flood Warning , Record Report
- Indiana - Flood Warning
- Iowa - Record Report
- Kansas - Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Kentucky - Special Statement
- Louisiana - Record Report
- Maine - Frost Advisory
- Massachusetts - Frost Advisory
- Michigan - Frost Advisory
- Minnesota - Special Statement
- Mississippi - Record Report
- Missouri - Flood Warning , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Montana - Record Report
- New Hampshire - Frost Advisory
- New York - Frost Advisory , Freeze Warning , Record Report
- North Carolina - Flood Warning , Flood Advisory , Special Statement , Record Report
- North Dakota - Frost Advisory
- Oklahoma - Record Report
- Oregon - Fire Weather Watch , Fire Weather Warning , Special Statement
- South Carolina - Flash Flood Watch
- Texas - Areal Flood Advisory , Record Report
- Vermont - Frost Advisory , Record Report
- Virginia - Special Statement , Record Report
- Washington - Fire Weather Warning , Special Statement
- West Virginia - Special Statement , Record Report
- Wisconsin - Frost Advisory , Special Statement