Current Watches and Warnings
Areal Flood Watch
Statement as of 9:14 PM EDT on April 18, 2014
Expires 8:00 PM EDT on April 19, 2014
... Flood Watch remains in effect through Saturday evening...
The Flood Watch continues for
* north and central Georgia.
* Through Saturday evening
* widespread additional rainfall amounts of 1.0 to 2.0 inches
remain possible tonight through Saturday... with most of the
rainfall expected to occur tonight through mid Saturday morning.
These rainfall amounts over saturated soil conditions where
around 1.0 to 3.0 inches have already fallen... will continue
to result in above normal stream flows on area creeks and
rivers... and enhance the risk of flooding overnight and on
Remember... a Flood Watch means there is a potential for flooding
based on current rainfall forecasts.
You should monitor later forecasts and be alert for possible
flood warnings. Those living in areas prone to flooding should be
prepared to take action should flooding develop.
Statement as of 10:54 PM EDT on April 18, 2014
Expires 8:00 AM EDT on April 19, 2014
... Wind Advisory remains in effect until 8 am EDT Saturday...
* locations... portions of north and central Georgia.
* Winds... northeast 15 to 20 mph with occasional gusts up to 35 mph.
* Timing... tonight through early Saturday morning.
* Impacts... occasional strong and gusty winds over saturated grounds
could down top-heavy trees or moderate to large sized branches that
have been weakened. High profile vehicles are also affected by
A Wind Advisory means that sustained wind speeds of at least 20 mph
or gusts to 35 mph or stronger are expected. Winds this strong can
make driving difficult... especially for high profile vehicles. Use
- Alabama - Flood Warning , Flood Warning, Areal Flood Warning , Record Report
- Alaska - Record Report
- Arkansas - Flood Warning , Flood Advisory , Record Report
- California - High Surf Advisory , Record Report
- Colorado - Special Statement
- Connecticut - Flood Warning , Record Report
- District of Columbia - Record Report
- Florida - Tornado Watch , Flood Warning , Flood Warning, Areal Flood Warning , Coastal Hazard Statement , Special Statement , Record Report
- Georgia - Areal Flood Warning , Flood Warning , Areal Flood Watch , Coastal Hazard Statement , Wind Advisory , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Idaho - Record Report
- Illinois - Flood Warning , Public Information Statement
- Indiana - Flood Warning , Public Information Statement
- Iowa - Flood Warning
- Kansas - Record Report
- Louisiana - Flood Warning
- Maine - Flood Warning
- Maryland - Record Report
- Massachusetts - Flood Warning
- Michigan - Flood Warning , Flood Warning, Areal Flood Warning , Flood Advisory
- Minnesota - Flood Warning , Wind Advisory , Winter Weather Advisory , Record Report
- Mississippi - Flood Warning , Record Report
- Missouri - Record Report
- New Jersey - Record Report
- New York - Flood Warning , Record Report
- North Carolina - Public Information Statement
- North Dakota - Flood Warning , Wind Advisory , Public Information Statement
- Oregon - High Surf Advisory
- Pennsylvania - Record Report
- South Carolina - Flash Flood Warning , Flash Flood Warning , Flood Warning , Flash Flood Watch , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- South Dakota - Wind Advisory
- Tennessee - Flood Advisory
- Texas - Flood Warning , Air Quality Alert
- Vermont - Flood Warning
- Virginia - Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Washington - Areal Flood Warning , High Surf Advisory , Special Statement , Record Report
- West Virginia - Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Wisconsin - Flood Warning , Record Report
- Wyoming - Public Information Statement