Current Watches and Warnings
Statement as of 12:28 PM EDT on June 25, 2016
Expires 7:00 PM EDT on June 25, 2016
... Heat advisory remains in effect until 7 PM EDT this evening...
* locations... all southeast Georgia counties and south of line
from Edisto Beach to Allendale in southeast South Carolina.
* Heat index values... 106 to 109 degrees due to temperatures in
the mid and upper 90s... and dewpoints in the low and mid 70s.
* Impacts... high temperatures and humidity could lead to heat
illnesses if proper precautions are not taken.
If you must be outdoors... drink plenty of fluids... wear light
weight clothing and stay out of direct sunshine. In addition...
know the signs of heat illnesses and be sure to check on those
who are most susceptible to the heat such as Young children and
the elderly. Never leave children and pets in a vehicle...
especially with the windows rolled up since temperatures can be
much higher inside the vehicle.
To reduce risk during outdoor work... the occupational safety and
health administration recommends scheduling frequent rest breaks
in shaded or air conditioned environments. Anyone overcome by
heat should be moved to a cool and shaded location. Heat stroke
is an emergency - call 9 1 1.
Statement as of 5:06 AM EDT on June 25, 2016
... Record high minimum temperature tied at North Charleston SC...
A record high minimum temperature of 79 degrees was tied at North
Charleston SC yesterday. The previous record of 79 degrees was
also set in 1998.
- Alabama - Heat Advisory , Record Report
- Alaska - Special Statement
- Arizona - Air Quality Alert , Record Report
- Arkansas - Heat Advisory , Public Information Statement
- California - High Surf Advisory , Heat Advisory , Fire Weather Warning , Beach Hazard Statement , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Colorado - Public Information Statement
- Florida - Flood Watch / Flood Statement
- Georgia - Heat Advisory , Record Report
- Illinois - Air Quality Alert , Special Statement
- Indiana - Air Quality Alert , Special Statement , Special Statement, Air Quality Alert
- Iowa - Flood Warning , Special Statement
- Kansas - Public Information Statement
- Kentucky - Air Quality Alert , Special Statement
- Louisiana - Flood Warning , Public Information Statement
- Michigan - Special Statement , Air Quality Alert
- Minnesota - Flood Warning , Heat Advisory , Special Statement , Beach Hazard Statement
- Mississippi - Heat Advisory , Public Information Statement
- Missouri - Heat Advisory , Special Statement
- Montana - Lake Wind Advisory
- Nebraska - Public Information Statement
- Nevada - Record Report
- New York - Air Quality Alert
- North Dakota - Wind Advisory
- Ohio - Flood Warning
- South Carolina - Heat Advisory , Record Report
- South Dakota - Wind Advisory
- Tennessee - Heat Advisory , Special Statement , Record Report
- Texas - Flood Warning
- Virginia - Flood Warning
- West Virginia - Areal Flood Warning
- Wisconsin - Special Statement , Beach Hazard Statement
- Wyoming - Fire Weather Warning