Current Watches and Warnings
Statement as of 3:35 AM EDT on July 28, 2014
Expires 7:00 PM EDT on July 28, 2014
... Heat advisory remains in effect from 11 am this morning to
7 PM EDT this evening...
* locations... southeast South Carolina and southeast Georgia.
* Heat index values... around 110 degrees this afternoon as a
result of temperatures in the upper 90s and dewpoints in the low
to mid 70s.
* Impacts... the combination of heat and humidity could lead to
heat illnesses if proper precautions are not taken.
If you must be outdoors... drink plenty of fluids... wear light
weight clothing and stay out of the direct sun. When possible...
reschedule strenuous outdoor activities to the early morning or
evening. In addition... know the signs of heat illnesses and be
sure to check on those who are most susceptible to the heat such
as Young children and the elderly. Never leave children and pets
in a vehicle since temperatures can be much higher inside the
To reduce risk during outdoor work... the occupational safety and
health administration recommends scheduling frequent rest breaks
in shaded or air conditioned environments. Anyone overcome by
heat should be moved to a cool and shaded location. Heat stroke
is an emergency - call 9 1 1.
Statement as of 1:25 AM EDT on July 28, 2014
... Record high minimum temperature set at North Charleston SC...
A record high minimum temperature of 80 degrees was set at North
Charleston SC yesterday... July 27. This breaks the old record of 79
degrees set in 2005.
- Alabama - Heat Advisory , Special Statement
- Alaska - Record Report
- Arizona - Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Arkansas - Flood Warning
- California - Record Report
- Colorado - Areal Flood Advisory , Flash Flood Watch , Special Statement
- Connecticut - Public Information Statement
- Delaware - Flood Warning
- Florida - Flood Warning , Coastal Hazard Statement , Heat Advisory
- Georgia - Heat Advisory , Special Statement , Record Report
- Guam - High Surf Advisory
- Idaho - Heat Advisory
- Illinois - Beach Hazard Statement
- Indiana - Beach Hazard Statement
- Kansas - Record Report
- Kentucky - Record Report
- Massachusetts - Public Information Statement
- Michigan - Beach Hazard Statement
- Minnesota - Record Report
- Montana - Record Report
- Nevada - Flash Flood Watch , Special Statement
- New Jersey - Areal Flood Advisory
- New Mexico - Flash Flood Warning , Areal Flood Advisory , Record Report
- New York - Severe Thunderstorm Warning , Flash Flood Warning , Areal Flood Watch , Special Statement , Special Weather Statement , Public Information Statement
- North Carolina - Special Statement
- North Dakota - Flood Warning
- Ohio - Flash Flood Watch
- Oklahoma - Areal Flood Advisory , Special Weather Statement
- Pennsylvania - Flood Warning , Areal Flood Warning , Flash Flood Watch
- South Carolina - Heat Advisory , Special Statement , Record Report
- South Dakota - Record Report
- Texas - Areal Flood Advisory , Heat Advisory
- Utah - Flash Flood Watch , Special Statement , Public Information Statement
- Vermont - Public Information Statement
- Washington - Heat Advisory
- Wisconsin - Beach Hazard Statement
- Wyoming - Record Report , Public Information Statement