Current Watches and Warnings
Georgia, Inland Liberty
Statement as of 7:11 PM EDT on June 24, 2016
Expires 7:00 PM EDT on June 25, 2016
... Heat advisory remains in effect from 11 am to 7 PM EDT
* locations... all southeast Georgia counties and south of
Beaufort along coastal South Carolina.
* Heat index values... 105 to 108 degrees.
* Impacts... high temperatures and humidity could lead to heat
illnesses if proper precautions are not taken.
If you must be outdoors... drink plenty of fluids... wear light
weight clothing and stay out of direct sunshine. In addition...
know the signs of heat illnesses and be sure to check on those
who are most susceptible to the heat such as Young children and
the elderly. Never leave children and pets in a vehicle...
especially with the windows rolled up since temperatures can be
much higher inside the vehicle.
To reduce risk during outdoor work... the occupational safety and
health administration recommends scheduling frequent rest breaks
in shaded or air conditioned environments. Anyone overcome by
heat should be moved to a cool and shaded location. Heat stroke
is an emergency - call 9 1 1.
- Alabama - Heat Advisory
- Alaska - Special Statement , Record Report
- Arizona - Air Quality Alert , Public Information Statement
- Arkansas - Record Report
- California - High Surf Advisory , Wind Advisory , Heat Advisory , Fire Weather Warning , Beach Hazard Statement , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Georgia - Heat Advisory , Record Report
- Illinois - Air Quality Alert
- Indiana - Air Quality Alert , Record Report
- Iowa - Flood Warning
- Kentucky - Air Quality Alert , Special Statement , Record Report
- Louisiana - Flood Warning , Air Quality Alert
- Michigan - Air Quality Alert
- Minnesota - Severe Thunderstorm Warning , Flood Warning , Special Statement
- Mississippi - Record Report
- Missouri - Record Report
- Montana - Lake Wind Advisory , Winter Weather Advisory
- New Mexico - Public Information Statement
- North Dakota - Severe Thunderstorm Watch , Severe Thunderstorm Watch , Wind Advisory , Special Statement
- Ohio - Flood Warning , Record Report
- South Carolina - Heat Advisory , Record Report
- South Dakota - Wind Advisory
- Tennessee - Heat Advisory , Record Report
- Texas - Flood Warning , Record Report
- Virginia - Flood Warning
- Washington - Record Report
- West Virginia - Areal Flood Warning , Special Statement
- Wisconsin - Special Statement
- Wyoming - Fire Weather Warning , Fire Weather Watch