Current Watches and Warnings
Flash Flood Watch
Statement as of 9:10 PM CDT on August 27, 2014
Expires 1:00 PM EDT on August 28, 2014
... Flash Flood Watch remains in effect from 3 am CDT Thursday
through Thursday morning...
The Flash Flood Watch continues for
* portions of central Iowa... south central Iowa... southwest Iowa
and west central Iowa... including the following areas... in
central Iowa... Dallas. In south central Iowa... Clarke...
Decatur... Madison... Ringgold and Union. In southwest Iowa...
Adair... Adams... Cass and Taylor. In west central Iowa...
Audubon... Calhoun... Carroll... Crawford... Greene... Guthrie and
* From 3 am CDT Thursday through Thursday morning
* widespread rainfall amounts of 1 to 2 inches with locally higher
amounts up to 3 inches are possible overnight through midday
Thursday. These thunderstorms will be efficient rain
producers... meaning the environment is suited for rainfall rates
in excess of 1 to 2 inches per hour at times.
* With the anticipated rainfall rates on top of an already very
saturated ground... a flash flood could occur in a very short
time frame and is especially dangerous at night.
A Flash Flood Watch means that conditions may develop that lead
to flash flooding. Flash flooding is a very dangerous situation.
You should monitor later forecasts and be prepared to take action
should flash flood warnings be issued.
- Alabama - Air Quality Alert
- Arizona - Record Report , Public Information Statement
- California - High Surf Advisory , Beach Hazard Statement , Record Report
- Colorado - Areal Flood Advisory , Flash Flood Watch , Special Statement , Public Information Statement
- Delaware - Coastal Hazard Statement
- Florida - Coastal Hazard Statement , Special Statement
- Georgia - Special Statement , Air Quality Alert
- Hawaii - High Surf Advisory
- Idaho - Record Report
- Indiana - Flood Advisory , Air Quality Alert
- Iowa - Flash Flood Watch
- Kansas - Flood Warning, Areal Flood Warning , Areal Flood Warning , Areal Flood Warning , Flash Flood Watch
- Maine - High Surf Advisory
- Maryland - Beach Hazard Statement
- Massachusetts - High Surf Advisory
- Michigan - Public Information Statement
- Missouri - Flood Warning , Flash Flood Watch
- Montana - Areal Flood Warning , Flood Warning , Areal Flood Advisory
- Nebraska - Areal Flood Advisory , Flood Watch / Flood Statement , Flash Flood Watch , Record Report
- New Jersey - Coastal Hazard Statement
- New York - High Surf Advisory
- North Carolina - Beach Hazard Statement
- North Dakota - Flood Warning
- Rhode Island - High Surf Advisory
- Texas - Coastal Hazard Statement
- Utah - Special Statement , Public Information Statement
- Virginia - Beach Hazard Statement
- Washington - Record Report
- West Virginia - Special Statement
- Wyoming - Record Report , Public Information Statement