Current Watches and Warnings
Flash Flood Watch
Statement as of 3:16 AM CDT on July 02, 2016
Expires 2:00 PM EDT on July 03, 2016
... Flash Flood Watch in effect from this evening through Sunday
The National Weather Service in Des Moines has issued a
* Flash Flood Watch for portions of south central Iowa...
southeast Iowa and southwest Iowa... including the following
areas... in south central Iowa... Appanoose... Clarke... Decatur...
Lucas... Monroe... Ringgold... Union and Wayne. In southeast
Iowa... Davis and Wapello. In southwest Iowa... Adams and
* From this evening through Sunday afternoon
* a band of heavy rain will fall across southern Iowa or northern
Missouri overnight. Within this band several inches of rainfall
will be likely with much of it falling in only a few hours. This
could lead to dangerous flash flooding.
* Within the heavy rain band rapid rises on streams and rivers are
expected. Some roadways may be affected which is particularly
dangerous at night. Anyone planning outdoor activities or
traveling through southern Iowa tonight should closely monitor
the latest weather updates and potential warnings.
A Flash Flood Watch means that conditions may develop that lead
to flash flooding. Flash flooding is a very dangerous situation.
You should monitor later forecasts and be prepared to take action
should flash flood warnings be issued.
- Alabama - Air Quality Alert
- Alaska - Areal Flood Warning , Special Statement , Record Report
- Arizona - Severe Thunderstorm Warning , Flash Flood Warning , Areal Flood Advisory , Special Statement , Record Report
- California - Beach Hazard Statement , Record Report
- Colorado - Public Information Statement
- Georgia - Air Quality Alert
- Hawaii - Wind Advisory
- Illinois - Flash Flood Watch
- Indiana - Beach Hazard Statement
- Iowa - Flash Flood Watch
- Kansas - Areal Flood Warning , Flash Flood Watch , Record Report
- Louisiana - Flood Warning , Air Quality Alert
- Massachusetts - Special Statement
- Michigan - Beach Hazard Statement
- Missouri - Flash Flood Watch
- Montana - Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Nebraska - Flash Flood Watch , Record Report
- Nevada - Areal Flood Advisory , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- New York - Beach Hazard Statement
- Oregon - Fire Weather Watch
- Rhode Island - Special Statement
- Texas - Flood Warning , Special Statement , Public Information Statement
- Washington - Fire Weather Watch
- Wyoming - Record Report , Public Information Statement