Current Watches and Warnings
Idaho, Coeur d'Alene Area
Areal Flood Advisory, Flood Watch
Statement as of 1:06 PM PST on March 08, 2014
Expires 6:51 AM EDT on March 11, 2014
1213 PM PST Sat Mar 8 2014
The National Weather Service in Spokane has issued an
* Urban and Small Stream Flood Advisory for rain and melting snow
Kootenai County in the Panhandle of Idaho...
this includes the cities of... Rathdrum... Post Falls... Hayden...
Dalton Gardens... Coeur D'Alene...
Shoshone County in the Panhandle of Idaho...
this includes the cities of... Wallace... Pinehurst... Osburn...
* until 500 PM PDT Monday
* at 102 PM PST... rain was beginning to increase in
intensity. One half inch to one inch of rain is expected in the
valleys... and up to two inches in the mountains by Monday
afternoon. The soil over much of the region still remains saturated
and may contribute to rapid runoff.
* Expect minor Road closers from mudslides and rocks falls... in
addition to runoff damage from dry drainages and overland flow.
Excessive runoff from heavy rainfall will cause elevated levels on
small creeks and streams... and ponding of water on country roads and
farmland along the banks of creeks and streams.
A Flood Advisory means river or stream flows are elevated or ponding
of water in urban or other areas is occurring or is imminent.
Lat... Lon 4693 11632 4741 11634 4737 11704 4797 11705
4799 11651 4789 11650 4789 11632 4805 11629
4807 11623 4803 11612 4770 11572 4758 11569
4755 11574 4748 11562 4745 11566 4744 11574
4738 11558 4730 11550 4727 11533 4693 11496
The National Weather Service in Spokane, WA has issued a
* Flood Watch for
the Coeur D'Alene river at Cataldo
* from Monday morning to late Monday night.
* At 11:30 am Saturday the stage was 40.4 feet.
* Minor flooding is possible.
* Flood stage is 43.00 feet.
* Forecast... the minor flood stage of 43.00 feet may be reached by
late Monday morning.
* At 43.0 feet... minor flooding of farmland from Cataldo downstream
to Harrison is likely. The campground at Cataldo will also begin to
flood. Portions of Dudley Road, west of Latour creek, will likely
be underwater and impassable. If there is significant water already
in the floodplain, these impacts may occur at lower stages. Old
Coeur D'Alene River Road on the North Fork of the Coeur D'Alene
river may begin to flood north of the bumblebee bridge.
Lat... Lon 4752 11620 4742 11673 4750 11680 4764 11626 4752 11620
- Alaska - Winter Weather Advisory , Winter Storm Warning , Wind Chill Advisory , Winter Storm Watch , Special Statement
- Arkansas - Flood Warning , Flood Advisory , Record Report
- California - Wind Advisory , Special Statement , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Colorado - Public Information Statement
- Guam - High Surf Advisory
- Hawaii - High Surf Warning
- Idaho - Areal Flood Watch , Areal Flood Advisory, Flood Watch , Wind Advisory , Winter Storm Watch
- Illinois - Flood Warning
- Indiana - Flood Warning
- Iowa - Public Information Statement
- Kansas - Fire Weather Watch
- Kentucky - Flood Warning
- Louisiana - Flood Warning
- Minnesota - Record Report
- Mississippi - Record Report
- Missouri - Record Report
- Montana - Areal Flood Warning , Areal Flood Advisory , Areal Flood Watch , Flood Watch / Flood Statement , Wind Advisory , High Wind Warning , Winter Storm Watch
- Nebraska - Areal Flood Advisory , Fire Weather Watch
- New Hampshire - Special Weather Statement
- New Mexico - Fire Weather Advisory
- North Carolina - Areal Flood Warning , Areal Flood Warning , Flood Warning , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Oregon - Areal Flood Watch , Wind Advisory , High Wind Warning
- South Carolina - Flood Warning , Flood Advisory , Hydrologic Statement
- Tennessee - Flood Warning , Record Report
- Texas - Special Statement
- Utah - Public Information Statement
- Washington - Flood Warning , Areal Flood Watch , Areal Flood Advisory , Wind Advisory , High Wind Warning , Special Statement
- Wisconsin - Record Report
- Wyoming - Areal Flood Advisory , High Wind Warning , Special Statement , Record Report