Current Watches and Warnings
Dense Fog Advisory
Statement as of 3:41 AM CDT on September 17, 2014
Expires 10:00 AM EDT on September 17, 2014
... Dense fog advisory in effect until 9 am CDT this morning...
The National Weather Service in Paducah has issued a dense fog
advisory... which is in effect until 9 am CDT this morning.
This advisory includes all of southern Illinois.
* Visibility will be one half mile or less at some
locations... especially in low lying areas and near rivers and lakes.
* Driving will be hazardous during the early morning commute to
work or school due to areas of poor visibility.
* The fog will be thickest and most widespread around sunrise. The
fog will burn off rather quickly between 8 and 9 am.
A dense fog advisory means visibilities will frequently be
reduced to less than one quarter mile. If driving... slow down...
use your headlights... and leave plenty of distance ahead of you.
Statement as of 1:43 AM CDT on September 17, 2014
Expires 6:45 AM EDT on September 17, 2014
... Areas of fog forming early this morning...
The combination of clear skies and calm winds has resulted in
areas of fog. The fog was most widespread in southeast
Illinois. Visibilities were less than a mile from Mount Vernon to
Carmi... Mount Carmel... and Harrisburg.
The fog will cause locally hazardous travel conditions through the
morning commute to work or school. Parts of southern
Illinois... especially east of Interstate 57... will experience the
most widespread problems.
Elsewhere... the fog has been more patchy... but the trend will be
for increasing coverage of fog through sunrise.
- Alaska - Dense Fog Advisory , Record Report
- Arizona - Areal Flood Warning , Flash Flood Warning , Areal Flood Advisory, Flash Flood Watch , Areal Flood Advisory , Flash Flood Watch , Record Report
- California - Flash Flood Watch , Wind Advisory , Lake Wind Advisory , Fire Weather Warning , Beach Hazard Statement , Record Report
- Colorado - Public Information Statement
- Florida - Flood Warning , Coastal Hazard Statement
- Georgia - Flood Warning , Coastal Hazard Statement , Special Statement
- Idaho - Air Quality Alert , Record Report
- Illinois - Flood Warning , Dense Fog Advisory , Special Statement
- Indiana - Dense Fog Advisory , Special Statement , Record Report
- Kentucky - Special Statement , Record Report
- Michigan - Frost Advisory , Freeze Warning
- Missouri - Flood Warning , Special Statement
- Nevada - Flash Flood Watch , Lake Wind Advisory , Record Report
- New Mexico - Flash Flood Watch , Special Statement , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- New York - Freeze Watch
- North Carolina - Flood Warning , Flood Advisory , Beach Hazard Statement , Public Information Statement
- Ohio - Special Statement , Record Report
- Oregon - Fire Weather Warning , Record Report
- South Carolina - Special Statement
- Tennessee - Special Statement
- Texas - Areal Flood Advisory , Flash Flood Watch , Special Statement
- Washington - Record Report
- Wisconsin - Special Statement