Current Watches and Warnings
Statement as of 10:52 AM CDT on October 30, 2014
Expires 9:00 AM EST on November 02, 2014
... Freeze watch in effect from late Friday night through Sunday
The National Weather Service in Paducah has issued a freeze
watch... which is in effect from late Friday night through Sunday
morning. This watch covers all of southeast Missouri... southern
Illinois... southwest Indiana and west Kentucky.
* Temperatures will drop below at or below the freezing mark by
midnight Friday night over southwest Illinois... then spread
southeast across the rest of the region through the overnight
hours Saturday morning. Temperatures Saturday morning will range
from 26 to 31 degrees.
For Saturday night and Sunday... temperatures should drop below
freezing no later than 10 PM CDT Saturday night... with lows
ranging between 26 and 32 degrees.
Temperatures should rise above freezing after 9 am CDT on
Saturday and 8 am CST on Sunday.
* Impacts will be twofold. Cold temperatures Saturday and Sunday
will damage sensitive plants left uncovered and left outdoors.
Moderate to heavy frost expected Saturday night and Sunday will
also damage plants. The cold temperatures will essentially end
the outdoor growing season.
A freeze watch means sub-freezing temperatures are possible.
These conditions could kill crops and other sensitive vegetation.
Statement as of 2:46 AM CDT on October 30, 2014
Expires 5:15 PM EDT on October 30, 2014
... Freezing temperatures likely over the weekend...
A strong cold front is expected to move across the quad state
region tonight. Behind the front northwest winds will usher in
the coldest air of the season thus far.
Temperatures are expected to drop into the upper 20s to around 32
degrees over the region starting after midnight Friday night. With
light winds expected to continue through the night, frost
formation will likely be limited to protected areas.
Highs are only expected to top out in the upper 40s Saturday
afternoon... and then bottom out in the upper 20s by early Sunday
morning. Temperatures should once again fall at or below the
freezing mark starting around midnight Saturday night. With winds
expected to be calm during this period... a widespread frost is
Temperatures this cold will bring an end to the growing season. A
freeze warning will likely be required for all or part of the quad
state region this weekend.
Now is a good time to make plans to bring in or protect any
sensitive plants from the cold this weekend.
- Arkansas - Freeze Watch , Freeze Warning
- California - Winter Storm Warning , Winter Storm Watch , Special Statement , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Colorado - Public Information Statement
- Florida - Public Information Statement
- Georgia - Public Information Statement
- Hawaii - High Surf Advisory
- Illinois - Lakeshore Flood Advisory , Freeze Watch , Special Statement
- Indiana - Lakeshore Flood Advisory , Freeze Watch , Special Statement
- Kansas - Freeze Warning , Freeze Watch , Freeze Warning, Freeze Watch
- Kentucky - Freeze Watch , Special Statement
- Michigan - Lakeshore Flood Advisory , Lake Effect Snow Advisory
- Missouri - Freeze Watch , Freeze Warning , Special Statement
- Nebraska - Public Information Statement
- Nevada - Winter Storm Warning , Special Statement
- North Carolina - Winter Storm Watch , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Oklahoma - Freeze Watch , Freeze Warning
- South Carolina - Record Report
- Tennessee - Winter Storm Watch , Special Statement , Public Information Statement
- Virginia - Winter Storm Watch , Public Information Statement
- Washington - Areal Flood Watch
- Wisconsin - Wind Advisory , Lake Effect Snow Advisory , Special Statement