Current Watches and Warnings
Flash Flood Watch
Statement as of 10:39 PM EDT on July 02, 2015
Expires 8:00 PM EDT on July 03, 2015
... Flash Flood Watch remains in effect through Friday evening...
The Flash Flood Watch continues for
* portions of east central Kentucky... northeast Kentucky... south
central Kentucky and southeast Kentucky... including the
following areas... in east central Kentucky... Bath... Elliott...
Estill... Fleming... Menifee... Montgomery... Powell and Rowan. In
northeast Kentucky... Johnson and Martin. In south central
Kentucky... Laurel... McCreary... Pulaski... Rockcastle... Wayne
and Whitley. In southeast Kentucky... Bell... Breathitt... Clay...
Floyd... Harlan... Jackson... Knott... Knox... Lee... Leslie...
Letcher... Magoffin... Morgan... Owsley... Perry... Pike and Wolfe.
* Through Friday evening
* several rounds of showers and thunderstorms will move over the
watch area through Friday evening. The high water content in
the air will likely result in times of torrential downpours.
This rainfall in conjunction with the heavy rains of the past
couple of days may lead to flash flooding across parts of the
* There is a potential for rainfall amounts of 2 to 4 inches
across the watch area... though locally higher amounts will be
possible where thunderstorms train over top of the same
A Flash Flood Watch means that conditions may develop that lead
to flash flooding. Flash flooding is a very dangerous situation.
You should monitor later forecasts and be prepared to take action
should flash flood warnings be issued.
- Alabama - Special Statement
- Alaska - Areal Flood Advisory , Dense Smoke Advisory , Special Statement
- Arizona - Record Report
- Arkansas - Flood Warning , Flood Advisory
- California - Heat Advisory , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Colorado - Flood Warning
- Florida - Record Report
- Georgia - Special Statement
- Hawaii - Record Report
- Idaho - Heat Advisory , Record Report
- Illinois - Flood Warning , Beach Hazard Statement
- Indiana - Flood Warning , Flash Flood Watch , Beach Hazard Statement
- Kansas - Areal Flood Warning , Record Report
- Kentucky - Flood Warning , Areal Flood Advisory, Flash Flood Watch , Flash Flood Watch
- Louisiana - Flood Warning
- Maryland - Public Information Statement
- Michigan - Flood Advisory
- Mississippi - Flood Warning , Flood Advisory
- Missouri - Flood Warning , Flood Warning, Areal Flood Warning , Areal Flood Warning , Areal Flood Warning , Flood Advisory , Record Report
- Montana - Fire Weather Watch , Record Report
- Nevada - Record Report
- North Carolina - Flash Flood Watch , Coastal Hazard Statement , Beach Hazard Statement , Public Information Statement
- North Dakota - Special Statement
- Oklahoma - Areal Flood Advisory
- Oregon - Heat Advisory , Fire Weather Warning , Record Report
- South Carolina - Beach Hazard Statement
- Tennessee - Flash Flood Warning , Flash Flood Warning, Areal Flood Warning , Areal Flood Warning , Flood Warning , Flash Flood Watch, Areal Flood Advisory , Flash Flood Watch , Flood Advisory , Special Statement
- Texas - Flood Warning
- Utah - Public Information Statement
- Virginia - Flash Flood Watch , Public Information Statement
- Washington - Heat Advisory , Fire Weather Warning, Fire Weather Watch , Fire Weather Watch , Fire Weather Warning , Special Statement , Record Report
- West Virginia - Flash Flood Watch
- Wyoming - Public Information Statement