Current Watches and Warnings
Flash Flood Watch
Statement as of 6:18 AM EDT on July 03, 2015
Expires 8:00 PM EDT on July 03, 2015
... Flash Flood Watch remains in effect through this evening...
The Flash Flood Watch continues for
* portions of northeast Kentucky... southeast Ohio... southwest
Virginia and West Virginia... including the following areas...
in northeast Kentucky... Boyd... Carter... Greenup and Lawrence
KY. In southeast Ohio... Gallia... Jackson OH and Lawrence OH.
In southwest Virginia... Buchanan and Dickenson. In West
Virginia... Boone... Cabell... Clay... Fayette... Jackson WV...
Kanawha... Lincoln... Logan... Mason... McDowell... Mingo...
Nicholas... Putnam... Raleigh... Roane... Wayne and Wyoming.
* Through this evening
* showers and storms are expected to increase in coverage today.
Local downpours are likely.
* Due to the recent rounds of showers and storms... the ground is
wetter than normal. That allows for faster runoff into small
streams and creeks. Rains of 1 to 2 inches in less than a few
hours could cause vulnerable streams to flood. Local rain
amounts of 3 inches or more would cause more serious flash
A Flash Flood Watch means that conditions may develop that lead
to flash flooding. Flash flooding is a dangerous situation.
Those living along flood prone creeks... plus County and state
officials... should monitor water levels frequently during any
heavier showers today and this evening. Be prepared to take
action should water levels rise quickly... or a Flash Flood
Warning is posted.
Also... being the start of the Independence day Holiday weekend...
travelers need to slow down during any heavier rain. Do not drive
through water flowing across roads... or into flooded underpasses.
- Alabama - Flash Flood Warning , Areal Flood Advisory
- Alaska - Areal Flood Advisory , Dense Smoke Advisory
- Arizona - Areal Flood Advisory , Record Report
- Arkansas - Flood Warning , Flood Advisory
- California - Record Report
- Colorado - Flood Warning , Public Information Statement
- Florida - Record Report
- Georgia - Flash Flood Warning , Special Statement
- Hawaii - Record Report
- Idaho - Heat Advisory , Record Report
- Illinois - Flood Warning
- Indiana - Flood Warning , Flash Flood Watch
- Kansas - Areal Flood Warning , Record Report
- Kentucky - Flash Flood Warning , Flood Warning , Flash Flood Watch , Flash Flood Watch, Areal Flood Advisory
- Louisiana - Flood Warning
- Michigan - Flood Advisory
- Mississippi - Flash Flood Warning , Flood Warning , Flood Advisory
- Missouri - Flood Warning , Areal Flood Warning , Areal Flood Warning , Flood Warning, Areal Flood Warning , Flood Advisory , Record Report
- Montana - Fire Weather Watch , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Nevada - Record Report
- North Carolina - Coastal Hazard Statement , Flash Flood Watch , Beach Hazard Statement , Record Report
- North Dakota - Special Statement
- Ohio - Flash Flood Watch
- Oklahoma - Areal Flood Advisory
- Oregon - Heat Advisory , Fire Weather Warning , Record Report
- South Carolina - Beach Hazard Statement
- Tennessee - Flash Flood Warning , Flood Warning , Areal Flood Advisory, Flash Flood Watch , Flash Flood Watch , Flood Advisory , Special Statement , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Texas - Flood Warning
- Virginia - Flash Flood Watch , Record Report
- Washington - Heat Advisory , Fire Weather Warning , Special Statement , Record Report
- West Virginia - Flash Flood Watch
- Wyoming - Public Information Statement