Current Watches and Warnings
Areal Flood Warning
Statement as of 7:02 PM EDT on May 02, 2016
Expires 7:00 AM EDT on May 03, 2016
The National Weather Service in Jackson KY has issued a
* Flood Warning for...
northwestern Knott County in southeastern Kentucky...
northwestern Perry County in southeastern Kentucky...
Owsley County in southeastern Kentucky...
southern Magoffin County in southeastern Kentucky...
Breathitt County in southeastern Kentucky...
southeastern Lee County in southeastern Kentucky...
northern Floyd County in southeastern Kentucky...
* until 700 am EDT Tuesday
* at 659 PM EDT... heavy rainfall had ended across the area... however
slow to moderate rises on larger area creeks and streams will
occur through the night... allowing for continued flooding of low
* Some locations that will experience flooding include...
Prestonsburg... Booneville... Martin... Allen... BUckhorn...
Turn around... don't drown when encountering flooded roads. Most flood
deaths occur in vehicles.
Be especially cautious at night when it is harder to recognize the
dangers of flooding.
Lat... Lon 3767 8261 3763 8260 3745 8297 3730 8334
3731 8342 3725 8352 3736 8365 3735 8378
3751 8389 3756 8355 3771 8316 3770 8291
3775 8275 3772 8264 3769 8259
Statement as of 10:38 PM EDT on May 02, 2016
Expires 2:00 PM EDT on May 03, 2016
The Flood Advisory continues for
the Licking River near Salyersville
* until Tuesday afternoon.
* At 10 PM Monday the stage was 14.5 feet.
* Flood stage is 17.0 feet.
* Forecast... the river will rise to near 14.8 feet by early Tuesday
Statement as of 6:44 AM EDT on May 02, 2016
... Record daily maximum rainfall set at Jackson KY...
A record rainfall of 2.08 inches was set at Jackson KY yesterday.
This breaks the old record of 1.02 inches set in 2010. Climate
records at the Jackson weather office date back to 1981.
- Alaska - Record Report
- Arizona - Fire Weather Watch , Air Quality Alert
- Arkansas - Flood Warning , Public Information Statement
- Florida - Coastal Hazard Statement , Record Report
- Georgia - Record Report
- Hawaii - Record Report
- Illinois - Flood Warning
- Indiana - Flood Warning
- Iowa - Flood Warning , Public Information Statement
- Kansas - Flood Warning
- Kentucky - Flood Warning , Areal Flood Warning , Flood Advisory , Record Report
- Louisiana - Flood Warning
- Michigan - Flood Advisory
- Minnesota - Fire Weather Watch , Public Information Statement
- Missouri - Flood Warning
- Montana - Public Information Statement
- Nebraska - Flood Warning , Areal Flood Warning
- Nevada - Public Information Statement
- North Carolina - Special Statement
- North Dakota - Fire Weather Warning
- Ohio - Flood Warning
- Oklahoma - Flood Warning , Public Information Statement
- Oregon - Record Report
- South Carolina - Special Statement , Record Report
- South Dakota - Flood Warning
- Texas - Flood Warning , Flood Warning, Areal Flood Warning , Coastal Flood Advisory , Coastal Flood Advisory, Coastal Hazard Statement
- Utah - Public Information Statement
- Washington - Record Report
- Wisconsin - Public Information Statement
- Wyoming - Public Information Statement