Current Watches and Warnings
Statement as of 10:34 AM CDT on April 18, 2015
Expires 8:30 PM EDT on April 19, 2015
The National Weather Service in Lake Charles has issued a
* Flood Warning for
the Vermilion river at Lafayette, Surrey street gage.
* Until Sunday evening... or until the warning is cancelled.
* At 10:15 am Saturday the stage was 10.0 feet.
* Minor flooding is occurring and minor flooding is forecast.
* Flood stage is 10.0 feet.
* Forecast... the river will continue rising to near 10.2 feet by this
afternoon. The river will fall below flood stage tomorrow morning.
* Impact... at stages near 10.0 feet... minor flooding of heymann park
off of Highway 90 will occur.
Lat... Lon 3031 9204 3000 9227 2987 9219 2988 9206
3022 9190 3031 9191
Flash Flood Watch
Statement as of 11:28 AM CDT on April 18, 2015
Expires 8:00 PM EDT on April 18, 2015
1040 am CDT Fri Apr 17 2015
... Flash Flood Watch remains in effect until 7 PM CDT this
The Flash Flood Watch continues for
* portions of central Louisiana... south central Louisiana...
southwest Louisiana and west central Louisiana... including the
following areas... in central Louisiana... Avoyelles...
Evangeline... Rapides and St. Landry. In south central
Louisiana... Iberia... Lafayette... lower St. Martin... St. Mary
and upper St. Martin. In southwest Louisiana... Acadia...
Allen... Beauregard... Calcasieu... East Cameron... Jefferson
Davis... Vermilion and West Cameron. In west central
* Until 7 PM CDT this evening
* scattered to numerous showers and thunderstorms are expected to
develop again over the area during the afternoon. Rainfall
amounts of 1 to 3 inches are still possible in some locations.
This rainfall will quickly run off... resulting in flash
flooding of poorly drained or low lying areas.
* Areas that see heavy rainfall within a short time could
receive flood water to depths that would impact property and
people in those areas. Area creeks... streams and rivers are
also likely to experience rises.
A Flash Flood Watch means that conditions may develop that lead
to flash flooding. Flash flooding is a very dangerous situation.
You should monitor later forecasts and be prepared to take action
should flash flood warnings be issued.
The Flood Watch continues for
The Bayou Vermilion near Carencro
* from Saturday evening until further notice.
* At 10:00 am Friday the stage was 15.4 feet.
* Minor flooding is possible.
* Flood stage is 17.0 feet.
* Forecast... flood stage may be reached by tomorrow evening.
* Impact... at stages near 18.0 feet... roads along bayou fuseilier
are impassable. These include but are not limited to Walnut and
green roads along the St. Martin, St. Landry Parish line, as well
as meche Road in St. Landry Parish.
Lat... Lon 3026 9200 3028 9193 3031 9194 3032 9189
3046 9198 3046 9201
- Alabama - Flood Warning , Coastal Hazard Statement, Flash Flood Watch , Flash Flood Watch
- Alaska - Wind Advisory , Winter Weather Advisory , Blizzard Warning
- Arizona - Fire Weather Warning
- Arkansas - Flood Warning , Flood Advisory , Hydrologic Statement
- California - High Surf Advisory , Beach Hazard Statement , Record Report
- Colorado - Winter Weather Advisory , Winter Storm Warning , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Connecticut - Flood Warning , Fire Weather Warning
- Florida - Flood Warning , Coastal Hazard Statement, Flash Flood Watch , Flash Flood Watch , Record Report
- Georgia - Record Report
- Illinois - Flood Warning
- Indiana - Flood Warning
- Kansas - Areal Flood Advisory , Public Information Statement
- Kentucky - Flood Warning , Flood Advisory
- Louisiana - Flood Warning , Flash Flood Watch , Flash Flood Watch , Flood Advisory , Hydrologic Statement , Record Report
- Maine - Flood Warning
- Massachusetts - Fire Weather Warning , Special Statement
- Mississippi - Flood Warning , Flood Warning , Flood Advisory , Flash Flood Watch , Hydrologic Statement , Record Report
- Missouri - Flood Warning , Areal Flood Advisory , Flood Advisory , Public Information Statement
- Montana - Lake Wind Advisory
- Nebraska - Record Report , Public Information Statement
- New Hampshire - Special Statement
- New Jersey - Fire Weather Warning
- New Mexico - Fire Weather Warning , Public Information Statement
- New York - Fire Weather Warning , Special Statement
- North Dakota - Flood Warning
- Pennsylvania - Fire Weather Warning
- Rhode Island - Special Statement
- Tennessee - Flood Advisory
- Texas - Flood Warning , Fire Weather Warning , Special Statement , Hydrologic Statement , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Utah - Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Vermont - Special Statement
- Wisconsin - Fire Weather Warning
- Wyoming - Winter Weather Advisory , Winter Storm Warning , Record Report
- - Small Craft Advisory