Current Watches and Warnings
Flash Flood Watch
Statement as of 4:20 AM CDT on April 18, 2015
Expires 8:00 PM EDT on April 18, 2015
... Flash Flood Watch remains in effect through this evening...
The Flash Flood Watch continues for
* portions of southeast Louisiana and southern Mississippi...
including the following areas... in southeast Louisiana...
Ascension... Assumption... East Baton Rouge... East Feliciana...
Iberville... Livingston... lower Jefferson... lower Lafourche...
lower Plaquemines... lower St. Bernard... lower Terrebonne...
northern Tangipahoa... Orleans... Pointe Coupee... southern
Tangipahoa... St. Charles... St. Helena... St. James... St. John
The Baptist... St. Tammany... upper Jefferson... upper
Lafourche... upper Plaquemines... upper St. Bernard... upper
Terrebonne... Washington... West Baton Rouge and West Feliciana.
In southern Mississippi... Hancock... Harrison... Jackson and
* Through this evening
* several rounds of showers and thunderstorms are expected to move
across southern Mississippi and southeast Louisiana today. These
thunderstorms could produce locally heavy rainfall totals of
one to three inches... on top of already saturated soils. Some
localized flooding could develop where these heavier rains fall.
* Areas that see heavy rainfall within a short time could
receive flood water to depths that would impact property and
people in those areas. Area creeks... streams and rivers are
also likely to experience rises... and some may rise to
bankfull or flood levels over the next several days.
A Flash Flood Watch means that conditions are favorable for heavy
rainfall that may lead to flash flooding. Flash flooding is a
very dangerous situation.
You should monitor later forecasts and be prepared to take action
should flash flood warnings be issued.
Statement as of 9:45 AM CDT on April 18, 2015
... Record consecutive days of measurable rainfall for April set at
New Orleans and Baton Rouge...
A new April record for number of consecutive days with measurable
rain set at New Orleans International Airport and Baton Rouge
Metropolitan Airport with 10 and 9 days respectively.
- Alabama - Flood Warning , Coastal Hazard Statement, Flash Flood Watch , Flash Flood Watch
- Alaska - Wind Advisory , Winter Weather Advisory , Blizzard Warning
- Arizona - Fire Weather Warning
- Arkansas - Flood Warning , Flood Advisory , Hydrologic Statement
- California - High Surf Advisory , Beach Hazard Statement , Record Report
- Colorado - Winter Weather Advisory , Winter Storm Warning , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Connecticut - Flood Warning , Fire Weather Warning
- Florida - Flood Warning , Coastal Hazard Statement, Flash Flood Watch , Flash Flood Watch , Record Report
- Georgia - Record Report
- Illinois - Flood Warning
- Indiana - Flood Warning
- Kansas - Areal Flood Advisory , Public Information Statement
- Kentucky - Flood Warning , Flood Advisory
- Louisiana - Flood Warning , Flash Flood Watch , Flash Flood Watch , Flood Advisory , Hydrologic Statement , Record Report
- Maine - Flood Warning
- Massachusetts - Fire Weather Warning , Special Statement
- Mississippi - Flood Warning , Flood Warning , Flood Advisory , Flash Flood Watch , Hydrologic Statement , Record Report
- Missouri - Flood Warning , Areal Flood Advisory , Flood Advisory , Public Information Statement
- Montana - Lake Wind Advisory
- Nebraska - Record Report , Public Information Statement
- New Hampshire - Special Statement
- New Jersey - Fire Weather Warning
- New Mexico - Fire Weather Warning , Public Information Statement
- New York - Fire Weather Warning , Special Statement
- North Dakota - Flood Warning
- Pennsylvania - Fire Weather Warning
- Rhode Island - Special Statement
- Tennessee - Flood Advisory
- Texas - Flood Warning , Fire Weather Warning , Special Statement , Hydrologic Statement , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Utah - Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Vermont - Special Statement
- Wisconsin - Fire Weather Warning
- Wyoming - Winter Weather Advisory , Winter Storm Warning , Record Report
- - Small Craft Advisory