Current Watches and Warnings
Severe Thunderstorm Watch
Statement as of 1:24 AM CDT on September 02, 2014
Expires 3:00 AM EDT on September 02, 2014
Severe Thunderstorm Watch 487 remains in effect until 200 am CDT
. Missouri counties included are
Barry Barton Camden
Christian Dade Dallas
Dent Greene Jasper
Laclede Lawrence McDonald
Maries Miller Newton
Phelps Polk Pulaski
stone Texas Webster
Flash Flood Watch
Statement as of 2:18 PM CDT on September 01, 2014
Expires 8:00 AM EDT on September 02, 2014
... Flash Flood Watch in effect from 7 PM CDT this evening through
The National Weather Service in Springfield has issued a
* Flash Flood Watch for portions of southeast Kansas and
Missouri... including the following areas... in southeast
Kansas... Bourbon... Cherokee and Crawford. In Missouri...
Barry... Barton... Benton... Camden... Cedar... Christian... Dade...
Dallas... Dent... Douglas... Greene... Hickory... Jasper...
Laclede... Lawrence... Maries... McDonald... Miller... Morgan...
Newton... Phelps... Polk... Pulaski... Shannon... St. Clair...
stone... Texas... Vernon... Webster and Wright.
* From 7 PM CDT this evening through Tuesday morning
* an extended period of moderate to heavy rainfall is expected
this evening and through the overnight hours. A very slow moving
front is expected to move into the Ozarks late this evening and
stall across the area. This will lead to the potential for
periods of torrential rainfall and flash flooding. Rainfall
amounts from 2 to 3 inches will be common overnight. Some
locations may receive in excess of 4 inches.
* After the rainfall much of the region received from last night
and earlier today... soils are becoming saturated. Most locations
recorded from a half to one and a half inches of rainfall. This
recent rainfall in combination with the expected rainfall
tonight may lead to flash flooding on area low water crossings
as well as creeks and streams.
A Flash Flood Watch means that conditions may develop that lead
to flash flooding. Flash flooding is a very dangerous situation.
You should monitor later forecasts and be prepared to take action
should flash flood warnings be issued.
Statement as of 1:31 AM CDT on September 02, 2014
Expires 3:00 AM EDT on September 02, 2014
... Significant weather advisory for Lawrence... northeastern Newton...
northern Barry and southeastern Jasper counties until 200 am CDT...
At 130 am CDT... National Weather Service Doppler radar was tracking
strong thunderstorms along a line extending from 8 miles north of Red
Oak to La Russell to 4 miles east of Diamond... moving east at 55 mph.
Winds around 50 mph are expected with these storms.
Locations impacted include Aurora... Diamond... Marionville... Miller...
Monett... Mount Vernon... Pierce City... Sarcoxie and Verona.
Interstate 44 between mile markers 23 and 58 will also be impacted by
These storms are producing nearly continuous cloud to ground
lightning. Seek shelter indoors immediately and stay away from
A Severe Thunderstorm Watch remains in effect until 200 am CDT
Tuesday morning for southeast Kansas and southern Missouri.
Lat... Lon 3690 9411 3697 9434 3729 9408 3728 9361
time... Mot... loc 0631z 285deg 47kt 3733 9394 3714 9405
- Alabama - Coastal Hazard Statement
- Alaska - Areal Flood Advisory , High Surf Advisory , Areal Flood Watch , Wind Advisory , Winter Storm Warning , Winter Weather Advisory , Record Report
- Arkansas - Severe Thunderstorm Watch , Flood Warning
- California - Fire Weather Watch , Public Information Statement
- Florida - Coastal Hazard Statement
- Georgia - Record Report
- Hawaii - Record Report
- Idaho - Public Information Statement
- Illinois - Flash Flood Warning , Flash Flood Watch
- Indiana - Flash Flood Warning , Flash Flood Watch , Special Statement
- Iowa - Flood Warning , Special Statement , Hydrologic Statement , Record Report
- Kansas - Severe Thunderstorm Watch , Areal Flood Warning , Flash Flood Warning , Flash Flood Watch , Special Statement
- Louisiana - Flood Warning
- Michigan - Public Information Statement
- Minnesota - Record Report
- Missouri - Severe Thunderstorm Watch , Flood Warning , Flash Flood Warning , Areal Flood Advisory, Flash Flood Watch , Flash Flood Watch , Flash Flood Watch, Areal Flood Advisory , Special Statement
- Montana - Flood Warning , High Wind Warning
- Nebraska - Flood Warning , Hydrologic Statement , Record Report
- New Mexico - Record Report
- North Carolina - Record Report
- North Dakota - Flood Warning
- Ohio - Flash Flood Watch
- Oklahoma - Severe Thunderstorm Watch , Special Statement
- Oregon - Fire Weather Watch
- South Carolina - Record Report
- South Dakota - Record Report
- Texas - Coastal Hazard Statement , High Surf Advisory, Coastal Hazard Statement , Record Report
- Virginia - Record Report
- Washington - Public Information Statement
- West Virginia - Record Report
- Wyoming - Fire Weather Warning , Special Statement , Record Report