Current Watches and Warnings
Montana, Kootenai/Cabinet Region
Statement as of 5:25 AM MDT on July 24, 2014
Expires 2:00 AM EDT on July 25, 2014
... Wind Advisory in effect from noon today to midnight MDT
The National Weather Service in Missoula has issued a Wind
Advisory... which is in effect from noon today to midnight MDT
* Impacts/timing: winds will begin to increase this morning and
become gusty this afternoon in northwest Montana. Gusty winds
this afternoon will create hazardous wave conditions on Flathead
Lake and impact travel over Logan Pass in Glacier park. Winds
will dissipate for much of the region by late this evening.
* Winds: becoming southwest 15 to 25 mph gusting to 35 mph during
the early afternoon... increasing 20 to 30 mph gusting to 40 mph.
Over Logan Pass southwest 20 to 30 mph gusting to 60 mph this afternoon.
* Waves: 2 to 4 foot waves on Flathead Lake.
* Locations impacted include... Highway 2 Kalispell to Libby...
Highway 37 Eureka to Libby... Highway 56 Bull Lake Road...
Highway 93 Eureka to Whitefish... bad Rock Canyon... Essex...
Highway 83 Bigfork to Swan Lake... Marias Pass... Polebridge...
Flathead Lake... Flathead Valley... Mission Valley... Polson
A Wind Advisory means that winds of 35 mph are expected. Winds
this strong can make driving difficult... especially for high
profile vehicles. Use extra caution.
- Alaska - Special Statement , Record Report
- Arizona - Areal Flood Advisory , Excessive Heat Warning , Special Statement , Record Report
- Arkansas - Record Report
- California - Excessive Heat Warning , Heat Advisory , Record Report
- Colorado - Flash Flood Warning , Areal Flood Advisory , Special Statement , Public Information Statement
- Florida - Flood Warning
- Idaho - Wind Advisory , Fire Weather Warning , Record Report
- Illinois - Flood Advisory
- Iowa - Heat Advisory
- Kansas - Heat Advisory
- Maryland - Public Information Statement
- Minnesota - Areal Flood Warning
- Missouri - Heat Advisory
- Montana - Severe Thunderstorm Watch , Tornado Warning , Severe Thunderstorm Warning , Severe Thunderstorm Warning , High Wind Warning , Lake Wind Advisory , Wind Advisory , Fire Weather Warning , Fire Weather Warning, Fire Weather Watch , Fire Weather Watch, Fire Weather Warning , Special Statement
- Nebraska - Heat Advisory , Public Information Statement
- Nevada - Fire Weather Warning , Record Report
- New York - Record Report
- North Carolina - Severe Thunderstorm Watch , Severe Thunderstorm Warning , Areal Flood Advisory , Special Statement , Public Information Statement
- North Dakota - Severe Thunderstorm Watch , Tornado Warning , Severe Thunderstorm Warning , Flood Warning , High Wind Warning , Public Information Statement
- Oklahoma - Heat Advisory , Excessive Heat Watch , Air Quality Alert
- Oregon - Fire Weather Watch , Record Report
- South Carolina - Special Statement
- South Dakota - Severe Thunderstorm Warning
- Texas - Heat Advisory , Air Quality Alert
- Utah - Record Report
- Vermont - Record Report
- Virginia - Severe Thunderstorm Watch , Special Statement , Public Information Statement
- Washington - Record Report
- Wyoming - Fire Weather Warning , Record Report , Public Information Statement