Current Watches and Warnings
Montana, West Glacier Region
Fire Weather Warning
Statement as of 7:46 PM MDT on August 17, 2017
Expires 11:00 PM EDT on August 18, 2017
1156 am MDT Thu Aug 17 2017
... Red flag warning remains in effect from noon Friday to 6 am MDT
* impacts: low humidities... hot temperatures... and gusty winds
will create erratic fire behavior and an increased risk of new
fire starts. Humidity recover will be poor on Friday night
along with windy conditions.
* Affected area:
in north central Montana fire zones... 112... 114.
In southwest Montana fire zones... 116... 118.
* Counties affected:
in central Montana, Cascade, Lewis And Clark, Meagher.
In north central Montana, Glacier, Liberty, Pondera, Teton,
In southwest Montana, Broadwater, Gallatin, Jefferson.
* Wind: west 10 to 20 mph with gusts up to 30 mph.
* Humidity: as low as 13 percent.
A red flag warning means that critical fire weather conditions are
either occurring now, or will shortly. A combination of strong
winds, low relative humidity, and warm temperatures can contribute
to extreme fire behavior.
Please advise the appropriate officials or fire crews in these
areas of this red flag warning.
... Red flag warning in effect from noon to 9 PM MDT Friday...
* affected area:
fire zone 104 (kootenai).
* Impacts: a dry cold front will create dry and breezy
conditions beginning on the ridge tops early Friday afternoon,
then into the lower elevations in the late afternoon and
* Winds: west winds 15 to 20 mph with gusts to 30 mph through
exposed areas. Peak winds are expected between 6 to 9 PM.
* Minimum humidities: 12 to 20 percent
- Alaska - Areal Flood Advisory , Record Report
- Arizona - Air Quality Alert , Record Report
- Arkansas - Flood Warning
- California - Record Report
- Colorado - Public Information Statement
- District of Columbia - Coastal Flood Advisory
- Florida - Flood Warning , Record Report , Public Information Statement , Public Information Statement
- Georgia - Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Hawaii - Special Statement , Record Report
- Illinois - Public Information Statement
- Indiana - Beach Hazard Statement
- Iowa - Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Kansas - Areal Flood Warning , Flash Flood Warning , Special Statement , Record Report
- Kentucky - Special Statement
- Louisiana - Flood Warning , Heat Advisory , Record Report
- Maryland - Coastal Flood Advisory
- Michigan - Beach Hazard Statement , Record Report
- Minnesota - Public Information Statement
- Mississippi - Flood Warning
- Missouri - Public Information Statement
- Montana - Fire Weather Warning , Air Quality Alert
- Nebraska - Areal Flood Warning , Flood Warning, Areal Flood Warning , Flood Warning , Special Statement
- Nevada -
- New Mexico -
- New York - Beach Hazard Statement
- North Dakota - Special Statement
- Ohio -
- Oklahoma - Severe Thunderstorm Warning , Flood Warning , Special Statement
- Oregon - Air Quality Alert
- Pennsylvania -
- Puerto Rico - Coastal Hazard Statement
- Tennessee - Public Information Statement , Public Information Statement
- Texas - Severe Thunderstorm Warning , Flood Warning , Coastal Hazard Statement , Areal Flood Advisory , Heat Advisory , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Virgin Islands - Coastal Hazard Statement
- Washington - Fire Weather Warning
- Wisconsin - Public Information Statement , Public Information Statement
- - Small Craft Advisory