Current Watches and Warnings
Montana, Eastern Glacier
Fire Weather Warning
Statement as of 3:09 AM MDT on August 17, 2017
Expires 11:00 PM EDT on August 18, 2017
... Red flag warning in effect from noon to 9 PM MDT Friday for low
rh and strong gusty winds for fire weather zones 112, 114, 116, and
The National Weather Service in Great Falls has issued a red flag
warning, which is in effect from noon to 9 PM MDT Friday.
* Impacts: low humidities and strong gusty winds will create
erratic fire behavior and an increased risk of new fire starts.
* Affected area:
in north central Montana fire zones... 112... 114.
In southwest Montana fire zones... 116... 118.
* Counties affected:
in central Montana, Cascade, Lewis And Clark, Meagher.
In north central Montana, Glacier, Liberty, Pondera, Teton
In southwest Montana, Broadwater, Gallatin, Jefferson.
* Wind: west 10 to 20 mph with gusts up to 30 mph.
* Humidity: as low as 11 percent.
A red flag warning means that critical fire weather conditions are
either occurring now, or will shortly. A combination of
strong winds, low relative humidity, and warm temperatures can
contribute to extreme fire behavior.
Please advise the appropriate officials or fire crews in these
areas of this red flag warning.
- Alaska - Areal Flood Advisory , Special Statement
- Arkansas - Flash Flood Warning , Flood Warning , Areal Flood Advisory , Heat Advisory
- Colorado - Public Information Statement
- Florida - Flood Warning , Record Report
- Georgia - Heat Advisory , Special Statement , Record Report
- Hawaii - Special Statement , Record Report
- Illinois -
- Indiana - Beach Hazard Statement
- Iowa - Record Report
- Kansas - Areal Flood Warning , Record Report
- Louisiana - Flood Warning , Heat Advisory
- Maine - High Surf Advisory
- Michigan - Beach Hazard Statement
- Minnesota - Areal Flood Warning , Flash Flood Warning, Areal Flood Warning , Areal Flood Watch , Wind Advisory
- Mississippi - Flood Warning , Heat Advisory
- Missouri - Flood Warning
- Montana - Fire Weather Warning , Air Quality Alert
- Nebraska - Areal Flood Warning , Flood Warning, Areal Flood Warning , Flood Warning , Areal Flood Advisory
- Nevada -
- New Mexico -
- New York -
- North Carolina - Heat Advisory , Special Statement
- North Dakota - Dense Fog Advisory
- Ohio -
- Oklahoma - Flash Flood Warning , Flood Warning , Areal Flood Advisory
- Oregon - Air Quality Alert
- Pennsylvania -
- Puerto Rico - Coastal Hazard Statement , Flood Watch, Areal Flood Advisory, Coastal Hazard Statement
- South Carolina - Heat Advisory , Special Statement
- Texas - Flood Warning , Areal Flood Advisory , Heat Advisory , Special Statement , Record Report
- Virgin Islands - Coastal Hazard Statement
- Virginia - Special Statement
- Wisconsin - Beach Hazard Statement