Current Watches and Warnings
High Wind Warning
Statement as of 3:08 PM MST on March 08, 2014
Expires 11:00 PM EDT on March 09, 2014
... High Wind Warning in effect from 11 PM MST this evening to
9 PM MDT Sunday...
The National Weather Service in Great Falls has issued a High
Wind Warning... which is in effect from 11 PM MST this evening to
9 PM MDT Sunday. The high wind watch is no longer in effect.
* Timing and main impact: gusty west winds will develop late
tonight and continue through Sunday over much of north central
Montana. Wind gusts up to 60 mph are possible... mainly late
tonight through Sunday morning with sustained winds of 30 to 40
mph possible through Sunday afternoon.
* Main impact: strong winds could make driving difficult for
high profile vehicles and towing units.
* Winds: southwest to west winds 30 to 40 mph with gusts around
* Locations affected include: Fairfield... Stanford... Chinook...
Conrad... Havre... Great Falls... Kings Hill Pass... Big Sandy...
Fort Benton... Flesher Pass... Helena... Lincoln... MacDonald
Pass... Rogers Pass.
* To see a graphical representation of this hazard please visit
our web Page and click on the detailed hazards tab:
A High Wind Warning means a hazardous high wind event is expected
or occurring. Sustained wind speeds of at least 40 mph or gusts
of 58 mph or more can lead to property damage.
- Alaska - Wind Chill Advisory , Winter Weather Advisory , Winter Storm Warning , Winter Storm Watch
- Arkansas - Flood Warning , Flood Advisory , Record Report
- California - Wind Advisory , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Colorado - Public Information Statement
- Guam - High Surf Advisory
- Hawaii - High Surf Warning
- Idaho - Areal Flood Watch , Areal Flood Advisory, Flood Watch , Wind Advisory , Winter Storm Watch
- Illinois - Flood Warning
- Indiana - Flood Warning , Air Quality Alert
- Iowa - Public Information Statement
- Kansas - Fire Weather Watch
- Kentucky - Flood Warning
- Louisiana - Flood Warning
- Minnesota - Record Report
- Mississippi - Record Report
- Missouri - Record Report
- Montana - Areal Flood Warning , Areal Flood Watch , Areal Flood Advisory , Flood Watch / Flood Statement , Wind Advisory , High Wind Warning , Winter Storm Watch
- Nebraska - Areal Flood Advisory , Fire Weather Watch
- New Hampshire - Special Weather Statement
- New Mexico - Fire Weather Advisory
- North Carolina - Areal Flood Warning , Areal Flood Warning , Flood Warning , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Oregon - Wind Advisory , High Wind Warning
- South Carolina - Flood Warning , Flood Advisory , Hydrologic Statement
- Tennessee - Flood Warning , Record Report
- Utah - Public Information Statement
- Washington - Flood Warning , Areal Flood Watch , Areal Flood Advisory , Wind Advisory , High Wind Warning , Special Statement
- Wisconsin - Record Report
- Wyoming - Areal Flood Advisory , High Wind Warning , Special Statement , Record Report