Current Watches and Warnings
High Wind Warning
Statement as of 6:44 AM MDT on October 17, 2017
Expires 2:00 AM EDT on October 18, 2017
... High Wind Warning remains in effect
from noon today to midnight MDT tonight...
* winds: southwest 35 to 45 mph with gusts up to 70 mph.
* Timing: this afternoon and evening.
* Impacts: damaging winds could blow down trees and power lines.
Power outages are possible. Travel will be difficult, especially
for high profile vehicles.
A High Wind Warning means a hazardous high wind event is expected
or occurring. Sustained wind speeds of at least 40 mph, or gusts
of 58 mph or more, can lead to property damage.
Fire Weather Warning
Statement as of 4:06 AM MDT on October 17, 2017
Expires 9:00 PM EDT on October 17, 2017
... Red flag warning remains in effect from 11 am this morning to
7 PM MDT this evening...
* impacts: low humidities... unseasonably warm temperatures... and
strong gusty winds will create erratic fire behavior. In addition
strong winds may lead to power line arching and
damage... resulting in an increased risk of new fire starts.
* Affected area:
in north central Montana, fire weather zones 112, 113, 114,
115 and 117.
* Counties affected:
in central Montana, Cascade, Fergus, Judith Basin
Lewis And Clark, Meagher.
In north central Montana, Blaine, Chouteau, Glacier, hill
Liberty, Pondera, Teton, Toole.
* Wind: southwest 25 to 40 mph with gusts up to 70 mph. In
addition... winds will shift from southwest to west this evening
with the passage of a dry cold front.
* Humidity: as low as 15 percent.
A red flag warning means that critical fire weather conditions are
either occurring now, or will shortly. A combination of strong
winds, low relative humidity, and warm temperatures can contribute
to extreme fire behavior.
Please advise the appropriate officials or fire crews in these
areas of this red flag warning.
- Alabama - Public Information Statement
- Alaska - Winter Weather Advisory
- California - Fire Weather Watch , Air Quality Alert , Beach Hazard Statement , Record Report
- Colorado - Record Report , Public Information Statement , Public Information Statement
- Connecticut - Public Information Statement
- Florida - Flood Warning , High Surf Advisory, Coastal Hazard Statement, Coastal Flood Advisory , Coastal Hazard Statement, Areal Flood Watch , Coastal Flood Advisory , Areal Flood Watch , High Surf Advisory, Coastal Hazard Statement , Wind Advisory , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Georgia - Coastal Hazard Statement , Wind Advisory , Public Information Statement
- Hawaii - High Surf Advisory , Wind Advisory
- Idaho - Wind Advisory
- Illinois - Flood Warning , Flood Advisory
- Indiana -
- Iowa - Flood Warning , Public Information Statement
- Kansas - Public Information Statement , Public Information Statement
- Kentucky - Frost Advisory , Special Statement
- Louisiana - Storm Surge Warning, Tropical Storm Warning
- Massachusetts -
- Michigan - Flood Warning , Flood Advisory
- Minnesota - Flood Warning
- Missouri - Flood Warning , Public Information Statement
- Montana - Lake Wind Advisory , High Wind Warning , Wind Advisory , Fire Weather Warning
- Nebraska - Fire Weather Warning , Special Statement
- Nevada -
- New Jersey - Frost Advisory
- New Mexico -
- New York -
- North Carolina - Frost Advisory , Beach Hazard Statement , Special Statement , Public Information Statement
- Ohio - Frost Advisory
- Oregon - Wind Advisory
- Pennsylvania - Frost Advisory
- Puerto Rico - Flash Flood Warning , Flash Flood Watch , Flood Watch, Areal Flood Advisory, Flash Flood Watch
- South Carolina - Beach Hazard Statement
- Tennessee - Special Statement
- Texas - Tropical Storm Warning , Storm Surge Watch, Tropical Storm Warning , Flood Warning , Record Report
- Utah - Record Report
- Virgin Islands - Coastal Hazard Statement
- Virginia - Frost Advisory , Special Statement
- Washington - Areal Flood Watch , Wind Advisory , High Wind Watch
- West Virginia - Frost Advisory , Freeze Warning
- Wisconsin -
- Wyoming - High Wind Watch , Fire Weather Warning
- - Small Craft Advisory