Current Watches and Warnings
Montana, Central and Southern Lewis and Clark
Fire Weather Warning
Statement as of 1:00 PM MDT on March 30, 2015
Expires 11:00 PM EDT on March 31, 2015
... Red flag warning in effect from noon to 9 PM MDT Tuesday for low
humidity... gusty winds and isolated lightning for fire weather
zones 113... 115... 117 and 118...
The National Weather Service in Great Falls has issued a red flag
warning for gusty winds... low humidity and isolated lightning... which is
in effect from noon to 9 PM MDT Tuesday.
* Affected area... fire weather zones 113... 115... 117 and 118.
* Winds... west 15 to 25 mph with gusts up to 40 mph.
* Cold front... a cold front will move east across the region late
Tuesday afternoon and evening... shifting winds from the west
southwest to the west northwest. Isolated thunderstorms are
possible along the cold front.
* Relative humidity... 15 to 25 percent Tuesday afternoon.
* Temperatures... near record warm temperatures in the 60s to
around 70 at lower elevations.
* Isolated thunderstorms... mainly south and east of a line from
Great Falls to Havre... late Tuesday afternoon could produce
isolated stronger wind gusts and potential fire starts.
* Impacts... the combination of unseasonably warm and dry
conditions along with gusty and shifting winds and isolated
lightning will create critical fire weather conditions Tuesday
afternoon and evening, particularly in grassland areas.
Please advise the appropriate officials or fire crews in these
areas of this red flag warning.
Statement as of 9:25 PM EDT on March 30, 2015
...Record Warm Minimum Temperatures For Mar 30 In Central Montana...
Location new record old record year set records began
Grass Range 41 39 2003 1914
- Alaska - Winter Weather Advisory , Blizzard Warning , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Arizona - Record Report
- Arkansas - Flood Warning , Flood Advisory
- California - Lake Wind Advisory , Freeze Watch , Beach Hazard Statement , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Colorado - Record Report
- Guam - High Surf Advisory , High Surf Warning, High Surf Advisory
- Idaho - Record Report
- Illinois - Flood Warning
- Indiana - Flood Warning , Public Information Statement
- Kentucky - Flood Warning
- Louisiana - Flood Warning , Flood Advisory
- Michigan - Special Statement , Public Information Statement
- Minnesota - Dense Fog Advisory
- Mississippi - Flood Warning , Flood Advisory
- Missouri - Flood Warning
- Montana - High Wind Watch , Fire Weather Warning , Record Report
- Nebraska - Fire Weather Watch
- Nevada - Lake Wind Advisory , Record Report
- New Jersey - Winter Weather Advisory
- New Mexico - Fire Weather Watch
- North Carolina - Frost Advisory , Special Statement , Record Report
- North Dakota - Flood Warning , Fire Weather Watch
- Ohio - Public Information Statement
- Oregon - Record Report
- Pennsylvania - Winter Weather Advisory , Special Statement
- South Carolina - Flood Warning
- South Dakota - Fire Weather Watch , Fire Weather Warning, Fire Weather Watch
- Tennessee - Flood Warning , Flood Advisory , Record Report
- Texas - Areal Flood Warning , Flood Warning , Flood Warning, Areal Flood Warning
- Utah - Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Virginia - Fire Weather Warning , Special Statement , Record Report
- Washington - Wind Advisory , Record Report
- Wisconsin - Dense Fog Advisory
- Wyoming - Fire Weather Warning , Fire Weather Watch , Record Report , Public Information Statement