Current Watches and Warnings
Fire Weather Warning
Statement as of 6:08 PM MDT on October 19, 2017
Expires 11:00 PM EDT on October 19, 2017
... Red flag warning now in effect until 9 PM MDT this evening...
* impacts: low humidities... warm temperatures... and gusty winds
will create erratic fire behavior and an increased risk of new
* Affected area:
in north central Montana, fire weather zones 113, 115 and 117.
* Counties affected:
in central Montana, Cascade, Fergus, Judith Basin, Meagher.
In north central Montana, Blaine, Chouteau, hill.
* Wind: southwest 20 to 30 mph with gusts up to 35 mph.
* Humidity: as low as 13 percent. Rh is slowly rising, but models
suggest that widespread recoveries above 20 percent will be
delayed until 9 PM MDT.
* Temperatures: in the mid to upper 70s.
A red flag warning means that critical fire weather conditions are
either occurring now, or will shortly. A combination of strong
winds, low relative humidity, and warm temperatures can contribute
to extreme fire behavior.
Please advise the appropriate officials or fire crews in these
areas of this red flag warning.
- Alabama - Public Information Statement , Public Information Statement
- Alaska - High Surf Advisory , Winter Weather Advisory
- Arizona - Wind Advisory , Air Quality Alert
- California - High Surf Advisory , Flash Flood Watch , Wind Advisory , Lake Wind Advisory , High Wind Warning, Wind Advisory , High Wind Warning , Winter Weather Advisory , Excessive Heat Watch , Wind Advisory, Excessive Heat Watch , Fire Weather Watch , Fire Weather Warning , Beach Hazard Statement
- Colorado - Public Information Statement
- Connecticut - Special Statement
- Florida - Flood Warning , Coastal Flood Warning , Coastal Flood Warning, Coastal Hazard Statement , Coastal Flood Statement , Coastal Hazard Statement , Coastal Flood Advisory
- Georgia - Coastal Hazard Statement
- Guam - High Surf Advisory
- Hawaii - High Surf Advisory , Wind Advisory
- Idaho - Wind Advisory , Special Statement
- Illinois -
- Indiana -
- Iowa - Flood Warning
- Kansas - Wind Advisory
- Louisiana - Storm Surge Warning, Tropical Storm Warning
- Maine - Special Statement
- Massachusetts - Special Statement
- Michigan -
- Minnesota - Flood Warning
- Missouri -
- Montana - Lake Wind Advisory , Fire Weather Warning
- Nevada - Lake Wind Advisory , Wind Advisory , High Wind Warning , Winter Weather Advisory , Fire Weather Warning , Special Statement
- New Jersey - Special Statement
- New Mexico - Special Statement
- New York - Special Statement , Public Information Statement
- North Carolina -
- Ohio -
- Oregon - Flash Flood Watch, High Surf Advisory , High Surf Advisory , Flash Flood Watch , High Wind Warning, Wind Advisory , Wind Advisory
- Pennsylvania -
- Puerto Rico - Flash Flood Warning , Coastal Hazard Statement
- Rhode Island - Special Statement
- South Dakota - Fire Weather Warning
- Texas - Tropical Storm Warning , Storm Surge Watch, Tropical Storm Warning , Flood Warning , Coastal Flood Advisory , Record Report
- Utah - Record Report
- Vermont - Special Statement
- Virgin Islands - Coastal Hazard Statement
- Virginia -
- Washington - Areal Flood Watch , Areal Flood Watch, High Surf Advisory , High Surf Advisory , Flash Flood Watch , Record Report
- Wisconsin -
- Wyoming - Fire Weather Warning , Special Statement