Current Watches and Warnings
Montana, Southern Rosebud
Areal Flood Advisory
Statement as of 2:31 PM MDT on March 09, 2014
Expires 4:15 PM EDT on March 11, 2014
The National Weather Service in Billings has issued a
* Flood Advisory for...
melting snow in...
Rosebud County in southeast Montana...
Treasure County in southeast Montana...
Custer County in southeast Montana...
* until 215 PM MDT Tuesday
* this advisory has replaced the flood advisories previously in
effect for Treasure... Rosebud and Custer counties.
* County officials continue to indicate extensive low land and small
stream flooding across the area. This flooding is a result of
recent lower elevation snow melt.
* In addition... ice jams on the Yellowstone... tongue and powder
rivers have caused periods of low land flooding along these
rivers. This includes the Yellowstone river near Forsyth... tongue
river near Ashland and Brandenberg... and the Powder River north
of Powderville. Ice jams in these areas will continue to be
problematic for locations downriver until the ice clears out
completely... which could take several more days. This includes
Miles City. Ice jams are most likely to form near bridges and
sharp river bends... and cause water levels to rise and fall
erratically and quickly.
* Furthermore... a storm system is expected to bring between a half
and three quarters of an inch of precipitation in the form of rain
and wet snow Monday and Monday night. This moisture may cause
additional rises on rivers and streams... and will prolong the risk
of flooding into Tuesday.
* Residents along rivers and streams should be alert for rising
water levels and take action to protect their property. Move
livestock and farm equipment to higher ground.
Most flood deaths occur in automobiles. Never drive your vehicle into
areas where the water covers the roadway. Flood waters are usually
deeper than they appear. Just one foot of flowing water is powerful
enough to sweep vehicles off the Road. When encountering flooded
roads make the smart choice... turn around... dont drown.
To report flooding... have the nearest law enforcement agency relay
your report to the National Weather Service forecast office.
Lat... Lon 4666 10558 4666 10550 4657 10544 4657 10488
4579 10494 4579 10623 4518 10629 4518 10676
4568 10673 4568 10692 4583 10688 4587 10694
4591 10717 4596 10718 4596 10741 4609 10750
4618 10746 4650 10779 4664 10782 4681 10561
- Alaska - Wind Chill Advisory , Winter Storm Watch , Blizzard Watch , Special Statement
- Arizona - Fire Weather Watch
- Arkansas - Flood Warning , Flood Advisory
- California - Wind Advisory , High Wind Warning , Lake Wind Advisory , Fire Weather Watch , Special Statement , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Colorado - Winter Weather Advisory , Public Information Statement
- Georgia - Flood Warning
- Hawaii - Areal Flood Advisory , Areal Flood Advisory, High Surf Advisory , High Surf Advisory , Record Report
- Idaho - Areal Flood Watch , Flood Watch , Winter Weather Advisory , Winter Storm Warning , Public Information Statement
- Illinois - Public Information Statement
- Indiana - Public Information Statement
- Kansas - Fire Weather Warning
- Kentucky - Flood Warning
- Louisiana - Flood Warning
- Minnesota - Record Report
- Montana - Areal Flood Warning , Areal Flood Advisory , Areal Flood Watch , Flood Watch / Flood Statement , Wind Advisory , High Wind Warning , Winter Weather Advisory , Winter Storm Warning , Winter Storm Warning, Winter Weather Advisory , Avalanche Warning , Public Information Statement
- Nebraska - Areal Flood Warning , Areal Flood Advisory , Fire Weather Warning
- Nevada - Wind Advisory , Lake Wind Advisory
- New Hampshire - Special Weather Statement
- New Mexico - High Wind Watch , Fire Weather Watch , Fire Weather Advisory
- North Carolina - Areal Flood Warning , Flood Warning
- Oregon - Areal Flood Watch , Wind Advisory , Winter Weather Advisory , Public Information Statement
- South Carolina - Flood Warning , Flood Advisory , Hydrologic Statement
- South Dakota - Winter Storm Watch , Record Report
- Tennessee - Flood Warning
- Texas - High Wind Watch , Fire Weather Watch , Record Report
- Washington - Flood Warning , Areal Flood Watch , Special Statement , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Wisconsin - Record Report
- Wyoming - Areal Flood Warning , Areal Flood Advisory , High Wind Warning , Winter Weather Advisory , Winter Storm Watch , Record Report