Current Watches and Warnings
North Carolina, Western Dare
Statement as of 3:53 AM EDT on July 31, 2016
Expires 6:00 PM EDT on July 31, 2016
... Heat advisory in effect from 11 am this morning to 6 PM EDT
The National Weather Service in Newport/Morehead City has issued
a heat advisory... which is in effect from 11 am this morning to
6 PM EDT this evening.
* Heat index values... up to 108.
* Timing... late morning through early evening today.
* Impacts... individuals engaged in outdoor activities should be
cautious of health impacts from the high heat and humidity.
A heat advisory means that a period of hot temperatures is
expected. The combination of hot temperatures and high humidity
will combine to create a situation in which heat illnesses are
possible. Drink plenty of fluids... stay in an air-conditioned
room... stay out of the sun... and check up on relatives and
neighbors. Keep pets inside if possible.
Take extra precautions... if you work or spend time outside.
When possible... reschedule strenuous activities to early morning
or evening. Know the signs and symptoms of heat exhaustion and
heat stroke. Wear light weight and loose fitting clothing when
possible and drink plenty of water.
To reduce risk during outdoor work... the occupational safety
and health administration recommends scheduling frequent rest
breaks in shaded or air conditioned environments. Anyone overcome
by heat should be moved to a cool and shaded location. Heat
stroke is an emergency... call 9 1 1.
- Alaska - Areal Flood Advisory , Special Statement , Record Report
- Arizona - Areal Flood Advisory , Flash Flood Watch , Public Information Statement
- California - Areal Flood Advisory , Excessive Heat Warning , Fire Weather Warning, Fire Weather Watch , Beach Hazard Statement , Air Quality Alert , Record Report
- Colorado - Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Connecticut - Flash Flood Watch
- District of Columbia - Public Information Statement
- Georgia - Record Report
- Idaho - Fire Weather Warning , Air Quality Alert
- Illinois - Record Report
- Indiana - Special Statement
- Kansas - Flash Flood Warning , Areal Flood Advisory , Special Statement
- Maryland - Areal Flood Warning , Flood Warning , Flood Watch / Flood Statement , Public Information Statement
- Michigan - Areal Flood Advisory , Public Information Statement
- Missouri - Record Report
- Montana - Fire Weather Warning
- Nebraska - Severe Thunderstorm Watch , Special Statement
- Nevada - Flash Flood Watch , Fire Weather Warning
- New Jersey - Flash Flood Watch
- New Mexico - Public Information Statement
- New York - Flash Flood Watch , Flash Flood Watch, Areal Flood Advisory
- North Carolina - Heat Advisory
- North Dakota - Special Statement
- Ohio - Special Statement , Public Information Statement
- Oregon - Fire Weather Watch
- Pennsylvania - Public Information Statement
- Puerto Rico - Flash Flood Watch, Coastal Hazard Statement , Flash Flood Watch , Flash Flood Watch, High Surf Advisory, Coastal Hazard Statement
- South Carolina - Heat Advisory , Record Report
- Utah - Fire Weather Warning , Record Report
- Virgin Islands - Flash Flood Watch, Coastal Hazard Statement
- Virginia - Dense Fog Advisory , Public Information Statement
- West Virginia - Public Information Statement
- Wyoming - Record Report