Current Watches and Warnings
North Carolina, Cabarrus
Areal Flood Advisory
Statement as of 1:28 AM EDT on April 20, 2014
Expires 3:30 AM EDT on April 20, 2014
The National Weather Service in Greenville-Spartanburg has issued an
* Urban and Small Stream Flood Advisory for heavy rainfall in...
Cabarrus County in the Piedmont of North Carolina...
eastern Mecklenburg County in the Piedmont of North Carolina...
northern Union County in the Piedmont of North Carolina...
* until 330 am EDT
* at 124 am EDT... National Weather Service Doppler radar indicated an
area of heavy rainfall across the advisory area. Doppler radar
estimated that 2 to 3.5 inches of rain has fallen since Friday
evening... with some additional light amounts of up to a quarter
inch possible in the next couple of hours.
* Runoff from this rainfall will cause minor flooding to occur...
especially along small streams and near low water crossings. Some
locations that will experience minor flooding include... Center City
Charlotte... Concord... Monroe... unc Charlotte... Charlotte motor
Speedway... Eastland mall... Fairview... Harrisburg... I-77 at I-85...
Marshville... Matthews... Midland... Mint Hill... Mount Pleasant...
Southpark mall... Stallings... Unionville and Wingate.
* Goose Creek continues to rise and is close to flood stage at the
gage near Fairview. If the level rises to 9 feet at that
gage... the river will go out of its banks and begin to flood roads
near the Junction of 218 and 601 in northern Union County.
Be especially cautious at night when it is harder to recognize the
dangers of flooding. If flooding is observed act quickly. Do not
drive through areas where water covers the roadway.
Do not drive your vehicle into areas where the water covers the
roadway. The water depth may be too great to allow your car to cross
Please report high water... flooding... landslides or other severe
weather to the National Weather Service Greenville Spartanburg by
calling toll free... 1... 800... 2 6 7... 8 1 0 1... or by posting on our
facebook Page... or tweet it using hashtag nwsgsp. Your message should
describe the event and the specific location where it occurred.
Lat... Lon 3499 8029 3496 8054 3510 8089 3539 8093
3547 8032 3519 8050 3517 8046 3517 8040
3519 8037 3517 8035 3520 8029 3519 8027
- Alabama - Flood Warning , Record Report
- Arkansas - Flood Warning
- California - High Surf Advisory , Record Report
- Colorado - Special Statement , Public Information Statement
- Connecticut - Flood Warning , Record Report
- Florida - Flood Warning , Record Report
- Georgia - Flood Warning , Flood Warning , Coastal Hazard Statement , Lake Wind Advisory , Record Report
- Hawaii - Wind Advisory
- Illinois - Flood Warning , Public Information Statement
- Indiana - Flood Warning , Public Information Statement
- Iowa - Flood Warning , Public Information Statement
- Kansas - Record Report
- Kentucky - Special Statement
- Louisiana - Flood Warning
- Maine - Flood Warning
- Michigan - Flood Warning , Flood Advisory
- Minnesota - Flood Warning
- Mississippi - Flood Warning
- Missouri - Record Report
- Montana - High Wind Warning
- New Jersey - Record Report
- New Mexico - Public Information Statement
- New York - Flood Warning , Record Report
- North Carolina - Flood Warning , Areal Flood Advisory , High Surf Advisory , Coastal Flood Advisory , Coastal Hazard Statement , Record Report
- North Dakota - Flood Warning
- Oregon - High Surf Advisory , Frost Advisory
- South Carolina - Flood Warning , Coastal Hazard Statement , Coastal Flood Advisory, Coastal Hazard Statement , Lake Wind Advisory , Record Report
- Texas - Flood Warning
- Vermont - Flood Warning
- Washington - Areal Flood Warning , High Surf Advisory
- Wisconsin - Flood Warning