Current Watches and Warnings
North Carolina, Onslow
Beach Hazard Statement
Statement as of 4:54 AM EDT on April 26, 2018
Expires 8:00 PM EDT on April 26, 2018
... Beach hazards statement remains in effect through this
* hazards... dangerous rip currents and rough surf.
* Locations... ocean side Dare and Hyde counties.
* Surf height... 3 to 5 feet north of Cape Lookout.
* Timing and tides... the most likely time for strong rip
currents to occur is a couple hours either side of low tide,
which will occur around 1130 am Thursday morning.
* Timing... today.
* Impacts... dangerous rip currents expected.
If caught in a rip current remain calm. Don't fight the current.
Swim in a direction following the shoreline. When out of the
current, swim back to shore. If tired, float or tread water until
out of the rip current. If unable to escape, face the shore and
call or wave for help.
Shore break occurs when waves break directly on the beach. The
most common injuries with strong shore break are neck and back
injuries, which most often occur when the powerful surf throws a
swimmer or surfer head first into the bottom. It is extremely
important to protect your head and neck whenever you are in
breaking waves by keeping your hands in front of you at all
- Alabama - Flood Warning
- Alaska - Special Statement
- Arizona - Air Quality Alert , Record Report
- Arkansas - Flood Warning , Flood Advisory , Public Information Statement
- California - Wind Advisory , Record Report
- Colorado -
- Florida - Coastal Hazard Statement
- Georgia - Flood Warning
- Hawaii - Record Report
- Idaho - Areal Flood Advisory
- Illinois - Flood Warning
- Indiana - Flood Warning
- Iowa - Flood Warning
- Kentucky - Flood Warning
- Louisiana - Flood Warning
- Maine - Areal Flood Watch , Areal Flood Advisory, Areal Flood Watch
- Massachusetts - Special Statement
- Michigan - Flood Advisory , Special Statement
- Minnesota - Flood Warning , Public Information Statement
- Mississippi - Flood Warning , Flood Advisory
- Missouri - Flood Warning , Flood Advisory
- Montana - Areal Flood Warning , Areal Flood Warning , Flood Warning, Areal Flood Warning , Areal Flood Advisory
- Nevada - Record Report
- New Mexico - Wind Advisory
- New York - Flood Warning , Public Information Statement
- North Carolina - Areal Flood Advisory , Beach Hazard Statement
- North Dakota - Flood Warning , Public Information Statement , Public Information Statement
- Oklahoma - Public Information Statement
- Oregon - Record Report
- Rhode Island - Special Statement
- South Carolina - Flood Warning , Flood Advisory
- South Dakota - Flood Warning , Areal Flood Warning , Public Information Statement
- Tennessee - Flood Warning , Flood Advisory
- Texas - Tropical Storm Warning , Storm Surge Watch, Tropical Storm Warning , Flood Warning , Wind Advisory , Special Statement
- Utah - Record Report
- Virginia - Flood Warning
- Washington - Record Report
- Wisconsin - Flood Warning , Areal Flood Advisory
- Wyoming - Record Report