Current Watches and Warnings
North Carolina, Eastern Currituck
Beach Hazard Statement
Statement as of 4:59 AM EDT on September 20, 2014
Expires 8:00 PM EDT on September 20, 2014
... Beach hazards statement remains in effect from 8 am EDT this
morning through this evening...
* hazards... high threat for dangerous rip currents.
* Timing... all day Saturday.
* Waves and surf... waves in the surf of 3 to 4 feet are expected.
Shore break of 4 feet can cause neck and spinal
injuries... affecting even the most able swimmers.
A beach hazards statement is issued when threats such as rip
currents... longshore currents... large breaking waves and other
hazards are possible. Caution should be used when in or near the
Please visit the following website to share your thoughts on the
new beach hazards statement...
- Alaska - Wind Advisory , Record Report
- Arkansas - Flood Warning
- Colorado - Public Information Statement
- Florida - Flood Warning
- Georgia - Record Report
- Hawaii - Record Report
- Idaho - Air Quality Alert , Record Report
- Illinois - Flood Warning , Special Statement
- Indiana - Special Statement , Public Information Statement
- Kansas - Public Information Statement
- Kentucky - Special Statement
- Maine - Public Information Statement
- Maryland - Coastal Flood Advisory , Beach Hazard Statement
- Missouri - Special Statement
- Montana - Lake Wind Advisory , Record Report
- Nebraska - Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Nevada - Flash Flood Watch
- New Mexico - Areal Flood Warning , Flash Flood Watch
- New York - Record Report
- North Carolina - Flood Advisory , Beach Hazard Statement , Public Information Statement
- North Dakota - Special Statement
- Puerto Rico - Severe Thunderstorm Warning
- South Carolina - Record Report
- South Dakota - Wind Advisory
- Texas - Areal Flood Warning , Flash Flood Warning , Flash Flood Watch , Areal Flood Watch
- Vermont - Record Report
- Virginia - Beach Hazard Statement , Public Information Statement
- Washington - Record Report
- West Virginia - Public Information Statement
- Wyoming - Record Report