Current Watches and Warnings
North Carolina, Outer Banks Hyde
Beach Hazard Statement
Statement as of 4:38 PM EDT on July 31, 2015
Expires 8:00 PM EDT on August 01, 2015
... Beach hazards statement in effect from Saturday morning
through Saturday evening from Cape Hatteras to Cape Lookout...
The National Weather Service in Newport/Morehead City has issued
a beach hazards statement... which is in effect from Saturday
morning through Saturday evening.
* Hazards... a high threat of rip currents.
* Location... the beaches from Cape Hatteras to Cape Lookout.
* Timing and tides... the most likely time for strong rip currents
to occur is a few hours either side of low tide. Low tide will
be around 230 PM Saturday.
* Surf height... 3 to 4 feet.
Rip currents are powerful channels of water flowing quickly away
from shore... which occur most often at low spots or breaks in The
Sandbar and in the vicinity of structures such as groins... jetties
and piers. Heed the advice of lifeguards and the beach patrol. Pay
attention to flags and posted signs posted near beach access
points and lifeguard stations.
If you become caught in a rip current... do not panic. Remain calm
and begin to swim parallel to shore. Once you are away from the
force of the rip current... begin to swim back to the beach. Do not
attempt to swim directly against a rip current... since it can
exhaust and even kill the strongest swimmer.
- Alaska - Dense Smoke Advisory
- Arizona - Flash Flood Watch , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Arkansas - Flood Warning
- California - Heat Advisory , Fire Weather Watch , Fire Weather Warning, Fire Weather Watch , Special Statement , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Colorado - Record Report
- Florida - Flood Warning , Areal Flood Watch , Coastal Hazard Statement , Flash Flood Watch , Hydrologic Statement , Record Report
- Georgia - Flash Flood Watch , Special Statement , Record Report
- Hawaii - Record Report
- Idaho - Heat Advisory , Record Report
- Illinois - Flood Warning
- Indiana - Flood Warning
- Louisiana - Flood Warning , Record Report
- Mississippi - Flood Warning
- Missouri - Flood Warning
- Montana - Fire Weather Watch
- Nebraska - Flash Flood Warning , Areal Flood Advisory
- Nevada - Flash Flood Watch , Record Report
- New Mexico - Public Information Statement
- New York - Severe Thunderstorm Warning
- North Carolina - Coastal Hazard Statement , Beach Hazard Statement , Record Report
- Oklahoma - Flash Flood Watch
- Oregon - Heat Advisory , Excessive Heat Warning , Fire Weather Warning, Fire Weather Watch , Fire Weather Warning , Record Report
- South Carolina - Record Report
- Texas - Areal Flood Warning , Flood Warning , Flash Flood Watch , Areal Flood Advisory, Flash Flood Watch , Air Quality Alert , Record Report
- Utah - Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Virginia - Record Report
- Washington - Excessive Heat Warning , Heat Advisory , Fire Weather Warning , Record Report
- West Virginia - Record Report
- Wyoming - Public Information Statement