Current Watches and Warnings
New Jersey, Ocean
Coastal Flood Advisory, Areal Flood Advisory
Statement as of 2:36 PM EDT on May 04, 2016
Expires 6:00 PM EDT on May 04, 2016
205 PM EDT Wed may 4 2016
... Coastal Flood Advisory remains in effect until 11 PM EDT this
* location... coastal areas of New Jersey and Delaware, as well as
areas along Delaware Bay.
* Coastal flooding... minor flooding is anticipated around the
time of this evening's high tide.
* Timing... high tide on the New Jersey and Delaware oceanfront
occurs between 600 PM and 700 PM this evening. High tide on the
back bays, along Delaware Bay and along Raritan Bay occurs later
than the high tide on the oceanfront.
* Surge... around 1 foot above the astronomical tide.
* Waves... wave heights on the ocean waters off the coast will
generally be 4 to 6 feet. Wave heights on Delaware Bay will be 2
to 3 feet.
* Impacts... localized roadway flooding is anticipated. Some roads
may be closed due to high water.
* Outlook... minor tidal flooding is again expected around the
times of high tide on Thursday and Friday, especially the
evening high tide. The threat of minor tidal flooding may
continue into Saturday depending upon the evolution of the
coastal low pressure system.
A coastal Flood Advisory means that minor tidal flooding is
expected. Minor tidal flooding often results in some Road
closures. Usually, the most vulnerable roadways will flood.
Do not leave your vehicle at a location that is prone to tidal
flooding. Do not drive your vehicle through flood waters. The
water may be deeper than you think it is. You will be putting
yourself in danger and your vehicle may be damaged, leading to
For a list of the impact of different tide heights in your County
please go to www.Weather.Gov/phi/tides.
The National Weather Service in Mount Holly NJ has issued a
* Flood Advisory for...
southeastern Atlantic County in southern New Jersey...
central Ocean County in southern New Jersey...
* until 600 PM EDT
* at 203 PM EDT... Doppler radar indicated heavy rain due to
thunderstorms. This will cause minor flooding in the advisory area.
Additional rainfall of one to one and a half inches is expected over
the area including the barrier islands of the central New Jersey
shore. The combination of this additional rain and the high tide
coming in will cause minor flooding.
Do not drive your vehicle into areas where the water covers the
roadway. The water depth may be too great to allow your car to cross
safely. Move to higher ground.
Lat... Lon 3968 7412 3943 7432 3929 7454 3933 7464
3956 7449 3954 7444 3958 7440 3970 7439
4008 7413 4007 7404
- Alabama - Wind Advisory
- Alaska - Special Statement , Record Report
- Arizona - Wind Advisory , Fire Weather Watch , Fire Weather Watch, Fire Weather Warning , Fire Weather Warning
- Arkansas - Flood Warning , Public Information Statement
- California - Wind Advisory
- Connecticut - Coastal Flood Statement
- Delaware - Coastal Flood Advisory
- Florida - Areal Flood Advisory , Fire Weather Watch , Special Statement , Record Report
- Georgia - Wind Advisory , Public Information Statement
- Illinois - Flood Warning
- Indiana - Flood Warning
- Iowa - Flood Warning
- Kansas - Areal Flood Warning , Flood Warning
- Kentucky - Flood Advisory
- Louisiana - Flood Warning , Public Information Statement
- Michigan - Flood Advisory , Special Statement
- Mississippi - Public Information Statement
- Missouri - Flood Warning , Public Information Statement
- Nebraska - Flood Warning , Flood Advisory
- Nevada - Wind Advisory , Public Information Statement
- New Jersey - Coastal Flood Advisory , Coastal Flood Advisory, Areal Flood Advisory , Coastal Flood Statement
- New Mexico - Fire Weather Watch
- New York - Coastal Flood Statement , Coastal Flood Advisory , Special Statement
- North Carolina - Special Statement
- North Dakota - Public Information Statement
- Oregon - Record Report
- Puerto Rico - Areal Flood Advisory, Flood Watch , Areal Flood Advisory , Flood Watch, Areal Flood Advisory
- South Carolina - Public Information Statement
- South Dakota - Flood Warning
- Tennessee - Wind Advisory , Special Statement , Public Information Statement
- Texas - Flood Warning , Fire Weather Watch , Hydrologic Statement , Air Quality Alert
- Virginia - Flood Warning , Special Statement
- Washington - Record Report
- West Virginia - Special Statement
- Wisconsin - Frost Advisory