Current Watches and Warnings
New Mexico, San Juan Mountains
Flash Flood Watch
Statement as of 12:44 PM MDT on August 02, 2015
Expires 2:00 AM EDT on August 03, 2015
... Flash Flood Watch remains in effect until midnight MDT tonight...
The Flash Flood Watch continues for
* a portion of north and central nm... including the following
areas... Central Highlands... Chuska Mountains... east slopes Sangre
de Cristo Mountains... eastern San Miguel County... Estancia
valley... far northeast Highlands... far northwest Highlands...
Guadalupe County... Jemez Mountains... lower Chama River Valley...
middle Rio Grande Valley/Albuquerque Metro area... northeast
Highlands... northern Sangre de Cristos above 9500 feet/Red
River... northwest Highlands... northwest plateau... Raton
ridge/Johnson Mesa... San Francisco River Valley... San Juan
Mountains... Sandia/Manzano Mountains... Santa Fe Metro area...
southern Sangre de Cristos above 9500 feet... Southwest
Mountains... upper Rio Grande Valley... west Central Highlands...
west central mountains... west Central Plateau and west slopes
Sangre de Cristo Mountains.
* Until midnight MDT tonight
* a very moist airmass remains in place over much of New Mexico...
and this will once again support scattered to numerous showers
and thunderstorms... primarily over central to northwestern New
Mexico. Periods of heavy rainfall may lead to flash flooding with
rainfall rates commonly approaching 1 to 3 inches per hour.
* Locales that will be most susceptible to flash flooding include
those around steep terrain... urban drainages... and areas that
have recently experienced heavy rainfall over the past few days.
A Flash Flood Watch means that conditions may develop that lead to
flash flooding. Flash flooding is a very dangerous situation.
Monitor later forecasts and be prepared to take action should flash
flood warnings be issued.
- Alaska - Record Report
- Arizona - Flash Flood Watch , Special Statement
- California - Fire Weather Warning , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Colorado - Areal Flood Advisory , Flash Flood Watch , Public Information Statement
- Florida - Flood Warning, Areal Flood Warning , Areal Flood Warning , Flood Warning , Flood Watch / Flood Statement , Coastal Flood Statement, Areal Flood Watch , Coastal Hazard Statement , Coastal Hazard Statement, Areal Flood Watch , Areal Flood Watch , Flash Flood Watch , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Georgia - Special Statement
- Guam - High Surf Advisory
- Hawaii - High Surf Advisory
- Idaho - Heat Advisory , Fire Weather Warning , Fire Weather Warning, Fire Weather Watch , Fire Weather Watch , Record Report
- Illinois - Severe Thunderstorm Warning , Flood Warning , Special Statement
- Indiana - Flood Warning
- Iowa - Public Information Statement
- Louisiana - Flood Warning
- Michigan - Severe Thunderstorm Watch , Severe Thunderstorm Watch , Severe Thunderstorm Warning , Severe Thunderstorm Warning , Beach Hazard Statement
- Minnesota - Public Information Statement
- Mississippi - Flood Warning
- Missouri - Flood Warning
- Montana - Record Report
- Nebraska - Special Statement , Public Information Statement
- New Mexico - Flash Flood Warning , Areal Flood Advisory , Areal Flood Advisory, Flash Flood Watch , Flash Flood Watch
- New York - Coastal Hazard Statement
- North Carolina - Coastal Flood Advisory
- North Dakota - Public Information Statement
- Oregon - Heat Advisory , Fire Weather Watch , Fire Weather Warning , Record Report
- South Dakota - Public Information Statement
- Tennessee - Air Quality Alert
- Texas - Flood Warning , Air Quality Alert , Special Statement , Public Information Statement
- Utah - Flash Flood Watch , Public Information Statement
- Washington - Heat Advisory , Fire Weather Warning , Record Report
- Wisconsin - Severe Thunderstorm Watch , Severe Thunderstorm Warning
- - Small Craft Advisory