Current Watches and Warnings
New Mexico, Roosevelt County
High Wind Watch
Statement as of 2:38 PM MST on January 19, 2018
Expires 7:00 PM EST on January 21, 2018
... High wind watch in effect from Sunday morning through Sunday
The National Weather Service in Albuquerque has issued a high
wind watch, which is in effect from Sunday morning through Sunday
* Location... all of east central New Mexico as well as the Chaves
* Winds... west winds will increase to 35 to 45 mph with gusts to
60 mph Sunday morning and continue through much of the
* Timing... winds will increase sharply Sunday morning, peak during
the midday through much of the afternoon before diminishing
late in the afternoon and evening.
* Visibility... reduced to 3-5 miles or less in blowing dust.
* Local impacts... take action to secure trash cans, lawn
furniture, and other loose or lightweight outdoor objects. High
winds can topple trees, blow weakened roofs off houses, and down
power lines. Travel will be hazardous, especially on north to
south facing highways, including portions of U.S. Highways 285,
84 and 70.
Remember, a high wind watch means conditions are favorable for a
potentially damaging high wind event in and close to the watch
area. Sustained wind speeds of at least 40 mph or gusts of 58 mph
or more can lead to property damage. Monitor the latest forecasts
at weather.Gov/abq, listen to NOAA Weather Radio or your favorite
Fire Weather Watch
Statement as of 6:04 PM MST on January 19, 2018
Expires 8:00 PM EST on January 20, 2018
... Fire Weather Watch remains in effect Saturday afternoon...
... Red flag warning has expired...
* area and timing... east Central Plains. Critical conditions are
possible Saturday throughout the afternoon.
* 20 foot winds... southwest winds 20 to 30 mph with gusts to 40
mph Saturday afternoon.
* Relative humidity... around 15 percent Saturday.
* Impacts... any fires that develop will likely spread rapidly.
Outdoor burning is not recommended.
Please advise the appropriate officials or fire crews in the
field of this Fire Weather Watch.
- Alaska - Winter Storm Warning , Wind Chill Advisory , Blizzard Warning , Special Statement
- Arizona - Wind Advisory , Winter Weather Advisory , Freeze Watch , Air Quality Alert , Record Report
- Arkansas - Record Report
- California - High Surf Warning , High Surf Advisory , Wind Advisory , High Wind Watch , Winter Weather Advisory , Winter Storm Watch , Freeze Watch , Beach Hazard Statement , Special Statement
- Colorado - Winter Storm Watch , Winter Weather Advisory , Record Report
- Connecticut - Areal Flood Warning , Flood Warning
- Florida - Freeze Warning , Frost Advisory
- Guam - Coastal Hazard Statement
- Hawaii - High Surf Advisory , Record Report
- Idaho - Winter Weather Advisory , Special Statement , Record Report
- Illinois -
- Indiana - Flood Warning
- Iowa - Winter Storm Watch
- Kansas - Winter Storm Watch
- Louisiana - Storm Surge Warning, Tropical Storm Warning
- Michigan - Special Statement
- Minnesota - Winter Storm Watch , Record Report
- Missouri -
- Montana - Record Report
- Nebraska - Winter Storm Watch
- Nevada - Winter Storm Warning , Winter Weather Advisory , Special Statement , Record Report
- New Mexico - High Wind Watch , Wind Advisory , Winter Storm Watch , Fire Weather Watch
- New York - Areal Flood Warning
- North Carolina - Special Statement , Record Report
- Oklahoma - Fire Weather Watch
- Oregon - High Wind Watch
- Pennsylvania - Areal Flood Warning , Areal Flood Watch
- Puerto Rico - Coastal Hazard Statement
- South Dakota - Winter Storm Watch
- Texas - Tropical Storm Warning , Storm Surge Watch, Tropical Storm Warning , High Wind Watch , Wind Advisory , Dense Fog Advisory , Fire Weather Watch , Record Report
- Utah - Winter Storm Warning , Winter Weather Advisory , Record Report
- Virgin Islands - Coastal Hazard Statement
- Virginia - Special Statement
- Washington - High Wind Watch , Winter Weather Advisory , Winter Storm Watch
- Wisconsin - Winter Storm Watch
- Wyoming - Winter Storm Warning , Winter Weather Advisory , Winter Storm Watch , Special Statement , Record Report