Current Watches and Warnings
New York, Southeastern St. Lawrence
Winter Weather Advisory
Statement as of 9:51 PM EDT on October 22, 2016
Expires 11:00 AM EDT on October 23, 2016
... Winter Weather Advisory remains in effect until 11 am EDT
The National Weather Service in Burlington continues the Winter
Weather Advisory for snow across the northern Adirondack region
of New York... until 11 am EDT Sunday.
* Locations... northern Adirondacks of New York.
* Hazard types... wet snow.
* Accumulations... an additional 2 to 4 inches of heavy wet snow,
with storm total accumulations of 3 to 5 inches.
* Maximum snowfall rate... up to 1 inch per hour... mainly overnight.
* Timing... wet snow continues to fall at elevations at or above
1500 feet. Snow will continue to accumulate through the
overnight hours, tapering off to snow showers through mid-
* Impacts... difficult travel due to periods of low visibility and
wet and slushy snow accumulation on roadways. There will be a
large elevation dependence on snowfall amounts. Expect variable
Road conditions over short distances traveled.
* Winds... west 15 to 25 mph, with gusts up to 40 mph at the higher
* Temperatures... lows in the upper 20s to lower 30s.
* Visibilities... less than one half mile at times tonight.
A Winter Weather Advisory for snow means that periods of snow
will cause travel difficulties. Be prepared for snow covered
roads and limited visibilities... and use caution while driving.
Please stay tuned to NOAA Weather Radio... your local media... or
go to www.Weather.Gov/Burlington for further updates on this
Statement as of 1:51 AM EDT on October 23, 2016
... New daily maximum rainfall record for October 22nd set at
A new daily record rainfall for October 22nd of 1.04 inches was
recorded yesterday at the Burlington International Airport in
Burlington Vermont. This breaks the previous daily record
rainfall for October 22nd of 0.95 inches set in 1933.
- Alaska - Coastal Flood Watch , High Wind Watch
- Arizona - Record Report
- California - Wind Advisory , Lake Wind Advisory , Fire Weather Warning , Beach Hazard Statement , Record Report
- Colorado - Record Report
- Connecticut - Wind Advisory , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- District of Columbia - Public Information Statement
- Florida - Coastal Flood Statement , Fire Weather Warning , Fire Weather Warning, Fire Weather Watch , Fire Weather Watch , Beach Hazard Statement
- Georgia - Frost Advisory
- Hawaii - High Surf Advisory , Wind Advisory
- Illinois - Flood Warning
- Indiana - Flood Warning
- Maine - Wind Advisory , Record Report
- Maryland - Public Information Statement
- Massachusetts - Wind Advisory , Winter Weather Advisory , Public Information Statement
- Nevada - Wind Advisory , Lake Wind Advisory , Fire Weather Warning
- New Hampshire - Record Report
- New Jersey - Record Report
- New York - Wind Advisory , Winter Weather Advisory , Record Report
- North Carolina - Flood Warning , Frost Advisory , Coastal Flood Advisory
- Rhode Island - Wind Advisory , Public Information Statement
- South Carolina - Flood Warning
- Tennessee - Frost Advisory
- Texas - Coastal Flood Advisory
- Vermont - Wind Advisory , Winter Weather Advisory , Record Report
- Virginia - Frost Advisory , Public Information Statement
- West Virginia - Frost Advisory , Public Information Statement
- - Small Craft Advisory