Current Watches and Warnings
Statement as of 1:55 AM CDT on May 23, 2015
Expires 10:55 AM EDT on May 23, 2015
The Flood Warning continues for
the Red River at Arthur City.
* Until further notice, or until the warning is cancelled.
* At 1:00 am Saturday, the stage was 28.17 feet.
* Flood stage is 27.0 feet.
* Minor flooding is occurring and minor flooding is forecast.
* Forecast... the Red River at Arthur City will continue rising to
near 29.9 feet Sunday morning then begin falling.
* Impact... at 30.0 feet, expect moderate flooding between the mouth of
the Blue River and Pecan Point. Extensive areas not flooded become
isolated by high water in cutoff channels.
Lat... Lon 3396 9584 3383 9577 3384 9526 3397 9510 3399 9545
Flash Flood Watch
Statement as of 4:28 AM CDT on May 23, 2015
Expires 8:00 AM EDT on May 25, 2015
... Flash Flood Watch remains in effect through Monday morning...
The Flash Flood Watch continues for
* portions of east central Oklahoma... northeast Oklahoma and
southeast Oklahoma... including the following areas... in east
central Oklahoma... Cherokee... Muskogee... Okfuskee and
Sequoyah. In northeast Oklahoma... Adair... Craig... creek...
Delaware... Mayes... Nowata... Okmulgee... Osage... Ottawa...
Pawnee... Rogers... Tulsa... Wagoner and Washington. In southeast
Oklahoma... Choctaw... Haskell... Latimer... Le Flore... McIntosh...
Pittsburg and Pushmataha.
* Through Monday morning
* scattered showers and thunderstorms early today will transition
to widespread showers and thunderstorms by late day.
Heavy rain is expected tonight and Sunday into Sunday evening.
* Rainfall amounts of 3 to 6 inches will be common this weekend
through Monday morning over eastern Oklahoma... with locally
higher amounts which may approach 10 inches.
Greater than 4 inches of rain is forecast for... Okfuskee... Okmulgee...
creek... Tulsa... Pawnee... Osage... Washington... Nowata and Rogers counties.
At this time the heaviest rain is expected to fall over western
Okfuskee... creek... Pawnee and Osage counties. Given saturated soil
conditions... flash flooding will most likely occur in the aforementioned
counties... however flash flooding can not be ruled out anywhere in
eastern Oklahoma this weekend.
* Flooding may become particularly dangerous tonight and Sunday.
* Anyone who has outdoor activities or travel planned this Holiday
weekend should closely monitor conditions for impact to recreational
areas or possible Road closures.
A Flash Flood Watch means rapidly rising water or flooding is
possible within the watch area.
If you are in the watch area... keep informed... and be ready for
quick action if flash flooding is observed or if a warning is
If you live near... or travel across a stream... creek or river
often subject to flooding... now is the time to prepare for
- Alabama - Coastal Hazard Statement
- Alaska - Areal Flood Warning , Areal Flood Advisory, Areal Flood Watch , Areal Flood Advisory , Areal Flood Watch , Fire Weather Warning , Special Statement , Record Report
- Arizona - Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Arkansas - Flood Warning , Flood Warning , Flash Flood Watch , Flood Advisory , Record Report
- California - Wind Advisory , Beach Hazard Statement , Record Report
- Colorado - Flood Warning , Flash Flood Watch , Public Information Statement
- Connecticut - Frost Advisory , Special Statement
- Florida - Coastal Hazard Statement
- Hawaii - Areal Flood Advisory , Wind Advisory
- Kansas - Flash Flood Watch , Record Report
- Louisiana - Flood Warning , Flash Flood Watch , Areal Flood Advisory , Record Report
- Maine - Frost Advisory , Freeze Warning , Fire Weather Warning
- Maryland - Frost Advisory
- Massachusetts - Winter Weather Statement , Freeze Warning , Special Statement
- Michigan - Frost Advisory , Freeze Warning , Fire Weather Warning
- Minnesota - Flood Warning
- Mississippi - Flood Warning , Record Report
- Missouri - Flood Warning , Flash Flood Watch , Record Report
- Montana - Lake Wind Advisory
- Nebraska - Areal Flood Warning , Flood Warning , Flash Flood Watch , Flood Advisory
- Nevada - Record Report
- New Hampshire - Frost Advisory , Freeze Warning , Fire Weather Warning
- New Jersey - Special Statement
- New Mexico - Flash Flood Warning , Areal Flood Advisory, Flash Flood Watch , Flash Flood Watch
- New York - Frost Advisory , Freeze Warning , Special Statement
- Ohio - Frost Advisory , Freeze Warning
- Oklahoma - Flood Warning , Flash Flood Watch , Record Report
- Oregon - Record Report
- Pennsylvania - Frost Advisory , Freeze Warning
- Rhode Island - Special Statement
- South Dakota - Flood Warning
- Tennessee - Record Report
- Texas - Severe Thunderstorm Warning , Severe Thunderstorm Warning , Flood Warning , Flash Flood Warning , Flood Warning, Areal Flood Warning , Areal Flood Warning , Areal Flood Advisory, Flash Flood Watch , Areal Flood Advisory , Flash Flood Watch , Flash Flood Watch, Areal Flood Advisory , Flash Flood Watch, Coastal Hazard Statement , Dense Fog Advisory , Special Weather Statement , Special Statement , Record Report
- Vermont - Freeze Warning , Frost Advisory , Special Statement
- Washington - Record Report
- West Virginia - Frost Advisory
- Wisconsin - Frost Advisory
- Wyoming - Flood Warning , Public Information Statement