Current Watches and Warnings
Fire Weather Warning
Statement as of 3:19 AM CST on January 28, 2015
Expires 7:00 PM EST on January 28, 2015
... Red flag warning in effect from noon today to 6 PM CST this
The National Weather Service in Tulsa has issued a red flag
warning... which is in effect from noon today to 6 PM CST this
For the following counties...
* in Oklahoma... Pawnee... Washington... Osage... Nowata... creek...
Okfuskee... Okmulgee... Tulsa and Rogers.
* unseasonably warm temperatures will combine with south-southwest
winds of 15 to 25 mph to produce fire weather conditions that
will support aggressive wildfire behavior.
* Relative humidities as low as 20 to 25 percent this afternoon.
* Strong wind gusts as high as 31.0 mph this afternoon.
* any fires will quickly spread out of control and endanger
lives and property.
* a red flag warning means that a dangerous combination of
weather conditions and dry vegetation is expected within 24
hours... favoring rapid growth and spread of any wildfires.
The primary weather factors include stronger winds... lower
humidities... and warmer temperatures.
* dispose of cigarettes properly and avoid activities that
could start fires.
* Stay tuned to NOAA Weather Radio... commercial radio or
television for the latest information concerning this weather
event. Additional weather information can also be found at:
- Alaska - Record Report
- Arizona - Winter Storm Watch
- Arkansas - Record Report
- California - Dense Fog Advisory , Record Report
- Colorado - Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Connecticut - Record Report , Public Information Statement
- District of Columbia - Special Statement
- Florida - Flood Warning
- Georgia - Flood Warning
- Hawaii - High Surf Advisory
- Idaho - Winter Weather Advisory , Dense Fog Advisory , Special Statement , Record Report
- Illinois - Flood Advisory
- Iowa - Special Statement
- Kansas - Special Statement , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Louisiana - Flood Warning
- Maine - Flood Watch / Flood Statement , Winter Storm Watch , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Maryland - Special Statement
- Massachusetts - Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Michigan - Winter Weather Advisory
- Minnesota - Special Statement , Record Report
- Missouri - Special Statement
- Montana - Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Nebraska - Areal Flood Warning , Areal Flood Advisory , Wind Advisory , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Nevada - Record Report , Public Information Statement
- New Hampshire - Public Information Statement
- New Jersey - Special Statement , Record Report
- New Mexico - Winter Storm Watch , Special Statement
- New York - Record Report
- North Carolina - Flood Warning , Public Information Statement
- North Dakota - Dense Fog Advisory , Record Report
- Oklahoma - Fire Weather Warning , Record Report
- Oregon - Dense Fog Advisory , Dense Fog Advisory, Air Stagnation Advisory , Air Stagnation Advisory
- Pennsylvania - Special Statement
- Rhode Island - Record Report , Public Information Statement
- South Carolina - Flood Warning
- South Dakota - Wind Advisory , Air Quality Alert , Record Report
- Texas - Flood Warning , Record Report
- Utah - Record Report
- Vermont - Special Statement
- Virginia - Special Statement
- Washington - Dense Fog Advisory , Record Report
- West Virginia - Special Statement
- Wisconsin - Special Statement
- Wyoming - Winter Weather Advisory , Special Statement , Record Report