Current Watches and Warnings
Oregon, Central Douglas County
Statement as of 2:50 PM PDT on July 31, 2015
Expires 2:00 AM EDT on August 02, 2015
... Heat advisory remains in effect until 11 PM PDT Saturday...
A heat advisory remains in effect until 11 PM PDT Saturday.
* Temperature: highs of 100 to 105 degrees today with
temperatures only cooling a few degrees on Saturday.
* Locations include: drain... Elkton... Roseburg... Sutherlin...
green... Myrtle Creek... Canyonville.
* Impacts: there is an elevated risk of heat exhaustion and
heat stroke during this time period. Those who are elderly...
sick... or Young are more susceptible to heat related
* View the hazard area in detail at
* do not leave pets or children in automobiles for any length of
* Use caution near area rivers... which are cold and can have
strong currents... and be sure to wear a life jacket.
* Drink plenty of water and seek shade.
* Take plenty of rest breaks.
Fire Weather Warning
Statement as of 7:05 PM PDT on July 31, 2015
Expires 2:00 AM EDT on August 02, 2015
... Red flag warning remains in effect until 9 PM PDT this
... Red flag warning remains in effect from 2 PM to 11 PM PDT
* impacts to existing fires: very dry and unstable conditions
will support extreme fire behavior. Plume domination is
possible with locally generated erratic and gusty winds.
Spotting could be a problem. In addition... strong and gusty
outflow winds from thunderstorms over the Cascades may affect
* Ongoing fires affected by Haines 6: Cable Crossing.
* Fire weather zones affected: eastern portion of 616.
* Counties affected: Douglas.
* Red flag warning information: isolated to scattered dry
thunderstorms are possible over the eastern and southern portion
of fire weather zone 616 on Saturday. Additional starts and
extreme fire behavior will be possible.
* Impacts: low humidities... dry thunderstorms with gusty and
erratic outflow winds... and increasing thunderstorm activity
will create erratic fire behavior and new fire starts.
* Affected area:
in... fire weather zone 616.
A red flag warning means that extreme fire conditions are
occurring or imminent.
Statement as of 5:40 PM PDT on July 31, 2015
... Record high temperature set at Montague CA...
a record high temperature of 106 degrees was set at Montague CA today.
This breaks the old record of 102 set in 2014.
- Alaska - Dense Smoke Advisory
- Arizona - Flood Watch / Flood Statement , Areal Flood Advisory , Flash Flood Watch , Public Information Statement
- Arkansas - Flood Warning
- California - Flash Flood Watch , Heat Advisory , Fire Weather Warning, Fire Weather Watch , Special Statement , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Colorado - Flood Watch / Flood Statement , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Florida - Flood Warning , Coastal Hazard Statement , Flash Flood Watch , Hydrologic Statement , Record Report
- Georgia - Areal Flood Warning , Flash Flood Watch
- Hawaii - Record Report
- Idaho - Heat Advisory , Record Report
- Illinois - Flood Warning
- Indiana - Flood Warning
- Iowa - Flood Warning
- Louisiana - Flood Warning , Special Statement , Record Report
- Mississippi - Flood Warning
- Missouri - Flood Warning , Areal Flood Advisory
- Montana - Fire Weather Watch
- Nevada - Flash Flood Watch
- New Mexico - Areal Flood Advisory , Public Information Statement
- North Carolina - Coastal Hazard Statement , Flood Watch / Flood Statement , Beach Hazard Statement , Record Report
- Oklahoma - Flash Flood Watch
- Oregon - Heat Advisory , Excessive Heat Warning , Fire Weather Warning, Fire Weather Watch , Fire Weather Warning , Special Statement , Record Report
- Texas - Flash Flood Warning , Flood Warning , Areal Flood Advisory, Flash Flood Watch , Flash Flood Watch , Special Statement , Air Quality Alert , Record Report
- Utah - Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Virginia - Record Report
- Washington - Heat Advisory , Excessive Heat Warning , Fire Weather Warning , Record Report
- West Virginia - Record Report
- Wyoming - Record Report , Public Information Statement