Current Watches and Warnings
South Carolina, Greater Pickens
Flash Flood Watch
Statement as of 10:41 PM EDT on July 31, 2014
Expires 12:00 PM EDT on August 01, 2014
... Flash Flood Watch remains in effect through Friday morning...
The Flash Flood Watch continues for
* portions of northeast Georgia... western North Carolina and
upstate South Carolina... including the following areas... in
northeast Georgia... Elbert... Franklin... Habersham... Hart...
Rabun and Stephens. In western North Carolina... Avery... Burke
mountains... Buncombe... Caldwell mountains... eastern McDowell...
eastern Polk... greater Burke... greater Caldwell... greater
Rutherford... Graham... Haywood... Henderson... McDowell
Mountains... Macon... Madison... Mitchell... northern Jackson...
Polk mountains... Rutherford mountains... southern Jackson...
Swain... Transylvania and Yancey. In upstate South Carolina...
Abbeville... Anderson... greater Greenville... greater Oconee...
greater Pickens... Greenville mountains... Greenwood...
Laurens... Oconee mountains... Pickens mountains and
* Through Friday morning.
* Increasing moist southeast flow and a stationary frontal
boundary across central South Carolina will support prolonged
heavy rainfall across the warned area. Additionally... embedded
thunderstorms will be capable of rain rates exceeding 2 inches
per hour in isolated locations.
* Water levels are expected to rise in streams and creeks across
the warned area. Poorly drained urban areas... and low lying
areas near streams and creeks... will be especially vulnerable
to flooding. Ponding of water on roads will be possible as
well. The area from Anderson to Greenville in South Carolina
will see the first impacts... as heavy rainfall has already
A Flash Flood Watch means that conditions may develop that lead
to flash flooding. Flash flooding is a very dangerous situation.
You should monitor later forecasts and be prepared to take action
should flash flood warnings be issued.
Statement as of 1:40 AM EDT on August 01, 2014
... Record daily rainfall set at Charlotte NC...
1.45 inches of rain fell at the Charlotte-Douglas international
Airport on Thursday. This is a new daily rainfall record for
July 31. The previous daily rainfall record for July 31 was
1.35 inches which fell in 1936. Continuous climatological
data have been kept for the Charlotte metropolitan area since
- Alabama - Record Report
- Alaska - Record Report
- Arizona - Flash Flood Warning , Special Statement , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Arkansas - Flood Warning , Record Report
- American Samoa - Flood Advisory
- California - Fire Weather Warning , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Colorado - Flood Advisory , Record Report
- Florida - Record Report
- Georgia - Flash Flood Watch , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Guam - High Surf Advisory
- Idaho - Record Report
- Kansas - Record Report
- Kentucky - Record Report
- Maryland - Public Information Statement
- Mississippi - Record Report
- Missouri - Record Report
- Montana - Public Information Statement
- Nebraska - Public Information Statement
- Nevada - Areal Flood Advisory , Special Statement
- New Mexico - Areal Flood Advisory , Flash Flood Watch , Special Statement , Public Information Statement
- North Carolina - Flash Flood Watch , Record Report
- North Dakota - Flood Warning
- Ohio - Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Oklahoma - Areal Flood Warning , Record Report
- Oregon - Fire Weather Warning , Fire Weather Warning, Fire Weather Watch , Record Report
- Pennsylvania - Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Puerto Rico - Tropical Storm Watch
- South Carolina - Areal Flood Advisory , Flash Flood Watch , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Tennessee - Record Report
- Texas - Flash Flood Warning , Flash Flood Watch , Record Report
- Utah - Record Report
- Virgin Islands - Tropical Storm Watch
- Virginia - Record Report
- Washington - Flash Flood Watch , Fire Weather Watch , Fire Weather Warning , Record Report
- West Virginia - Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Wyoming - Record Report , Public Information Statement