Current Watches and Warnings
South Carolina, Edgefield
Areal Flood Warning
Statement as of 2:01 AM EDT on September 28, 2016
Expires 4:45 AM EDT on September 28, 2016
The National Weather Service in Columbia has issued a
* Flood Warning for...
western Saluda County in central South Carolina...
northwestern Edgefield County in central South Carolina...
northeastern McCormick County in central South Carolina...
* until 445 am EDT
* at 151 am EDT... Doppler radar indicated persistent slow moving
thunderstorms producing heavy rain which will cause flooding.
Radar estimates show 4-6 inches of rain has fallen and an
additional 1-2 inches may be possible.
Locations between Highway 178 and Highway 378 near and to the west
of Owdoms in Saluda County and locations along and north of Highway
378 in Edgefield and McCormick counties should expect ponding of
water on roadways. Small streams may be near bankfull or possibly
running out of their banks so motorists are urged to use caution
Be especially cautious at night when it is harder to recognize the
dangers of flooding.
Please report flooding to local law enforcement and send reports by
facebook or twitter to nwscolumbia... or email US at caewx@noaa.Gov
or call 803-234-4115.
Lat... Lon 3404 8232 3397 8230 3402 8224 3397 8218
3399 8215 3398 8205 3395 8203 3397 8200
3409 8192 3411 8187 3406 8179 3393 8171
3389 8192 3389 8214 3395 8237 3403 8238
- Alaska - Coastal Flood Warning , High Surf Advisory , Winter Weather Advisory , Special Statement , Record Report
- California - Record Report , Public Information Statement
- District of Columbia - Flash Flood Watch
- Florida - Beach Hazard Statement
- Guam - High Surf Advisory, Areal Flood Watch , Areal Flood Watch
- Illinois - Flood Warning , Public Information Statement
- Indiana - Public Information Statement
- Iowa - Flood Warning
- Kentucky - Public Information Statement
- Maryland - Flash Flood Watch
- Minnesota - Flood Warning
- Missouri - Flood Warning , Public Information Statement
- North Carolina - Special Statement , Beach Hazard Statement , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Oregon - Record Report
- South Carolina - Areal Flood Warning
- Tennessee - Record Report
- Texas - Flood Warning , Air Quality Alert
- Virginia - Flash Flood Watch , Special Statement , Record Report
- Washington - Record Report
- West Virginia - Flash Flood Watch
- Wisconsin - Flood Warning