Current Watches and Warnings
South Carolina, Inland Horry
Statement as of 9:40 PM EDT on October 09, 2015
Expires 8:00 AM EDT on October 13, 2015
940 PM EDT Fri Oct 9 2015
The Flood Warning continues for
the Waccamaw at Conway.
* Until further notice.
* At 9:15 PM Friday the stage was 16.0 feet.
* Flood stage is 11.0 feet.
* Major flooding is occurring and major flooding is forecast.
* Forecast... the river will continue rising to near 16.0 feet by after midnight
tonight. Additional rises may be possible thereafter.
* Impact... at 15.0 feet... residential flooding will continue to worsen. Flooding
also occurs in the basement of the government building at 4th Avenue and
Kingston. The Conway Marina will be flooded. Railroad trestles in downtown
Conway will flood at 15.9 feet.
Lat... Lon 3391 7892 3382 7886 3379 7900 3371 7900
3371 7911 3385 7908
... Flood Warning now in effect until Tuesday morning...
the Flood Warning continues for
the little Pee Dee at Galivants Ferry.
* Until Tuesday morning.
* At 9:00 PM Friday the stage was 8.9 feet.
* Flood stage is 9.0 feet.
* Forecast... the river is expected to rise to near flood stage tomorrow evening.
* Impact... at 9.0 feet... flood waters will begin to affect residential yards in
the Fork retch community upstream of Galivants Ferry near the town of Nichols.
Swampland flooding becomes noticeable and natural boat landings will be
Lat... Lon 3423 7921 3419 7910 3405 7920 3398 7928
3400 7938 3409 7930
Flash Flood Watch
Statement as of 3:45 AM EDT on October 10, 2015
Expires 6:00 AM EDT on October 11, 2015
... Flash Flood Watch in effect through late tonight...
The National Weather Service in Wilmington has issued a
* Flash Flood Watch for portions of southeast North Carolina and
northeast South Carolina... including the following in ...
southeast North Carolina... Bladen... coastal Brunswick...
coastal New Hanover... coastal Pender... Columbus... inland
Brunswick... inland New Hanover... inland Pender and Robeson. In
northeast South Carolina... coastal Georgetown... Darlington...
Dillon... Florence... inland Georgetown... Marion... Marlboro...
Williamsburg... coastal Horry and inland Horry.
* Through late tonight.
* Additional rainfall will average 1 to 2 inches across the watch
area. Higher amounts are possible where heavier showers
repeatedly move across the same general area. This rain will be
falling on saturated... to in some cases... flooded soils. This
will not only aggravate ongoing flooding... but may lead to
renewed areas of flooding.
* Smaller waterways may again flood. In more urban areas...
drainage systems may not be able to keep up where heavy rain is
persistent. Many large Stem rivers are already in flood from the
long duration of heavy rain not even a week ago. Additional
rainfall will likely slow their recession and prolong the
A Flash Flood Watch means that conditions may develop that lead
to flash flooding. Flash flooding is a very dangerous situation.
You should monitor later forecasts and be prepared to take action
should flash flood warnings be issued.
- Alaska - Wind Advisory , Record Report
- Arizona - Record Report
- Arkansas - Record Report
- California - Lake Wind Advisory , Beach Hazard Statement , Record Report
- Connecticut - Public Information Statement
- Florida - Flood Warning , Coastal Flood Advisory , Coastal Hazard Statement , Coastal Flood Statement
- Georgia - Special Statement
- Guam - High Surf Advisory
- Hawaii - High Surf Advisory , Record Report
- Idaho - Wind Advisory , Record Report
- Kansas - Public Information Statement
- Louisiana - Record Report
- Massachusetts - Frost Advisory , Public Information Statement
- Mississippi - Record Report
- Missouri - Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Montana - High Wind Watch , High Wind Warning , Wind Advisory , Record Report
- Nebraska - Fire Weather Watch
- Nevada - Lake Wind Advisory , Record Report
- New Mexico - Public Information Statement
- New York - Frost Advisory , Public Information Statement
- North Carolina - Flood Warning , Flash Flood Watch , Flash Flood Watch, Coastal Flood Advisory
- Oklahoma - Record Report
- Oregon - Special Statement , Record Report
- South Carolina - Areal Flood Warning , Areal Flood Warning , Flood Warning, Areal Flood Warning , Flood Warning , Flash Flood Watch
- South Dakota - Fire Weather Watch
- Tennessee - Record Report
- Texas - Flood Warning , Air Quality Alert , Record Report
- Vermont - Frost Advisory , Public Information Statement
- Washington - Wind Advisory , Special Statement
- Wyoming - High Wind Watch , Fire Weather Warning , Special Statement , Record Report