Current Watches and Warnings
South Carolina, Coastal Georgetown
Statement as of 4:59 AM EDT on July 27, 2016
Expires 7:00 PM EDT on July 27, 2016
... Heat advisory remains in effect from 11 am this morning to
7 PM EDT this evening...
* heat index values... will peak between 105 and 109 due to the
combination of temperatures in the mid to upper 90s... and
dewpoints in the low to mid 70s except increasing to the upper
70s in the wake of the inland progressing sea breeze.
* Timing... the highest sustained heat index values will occur in
the mid to late afternoon hours.
* Impacts... the combination of hot temperatures and high
relative humidity will result with the increasing frequency of
heat related illnesses across the advised area. If you suspect
someone having a heat stroke... call 911 immediately.
To reduce the risk of heat illnesses during outdoor work...
the occupational safety and health administration recommends
scheduling frequent rest breaks in shaded or air conditioned
environments... and to drink plenty of non-alcoholic fluids.
Never leave children or pets unattended in a closed up vehicle
during a hot Summers day. In just 15 minutes... temperatures
inside the vehicle could easily surpass 140 degrees.
Outdoor livestock and pets will also need plenty of shade... a
well ventilated environment... and plenty of accessible drinking
- Alabama - Coastal Hazard Statement , Record Report
- Alaska - Areal Flood Watch , Areal Flood Advisory , Special Statement
- Arizona - Excessive Heat Warning , Air Quality Alert , Public Information Statement
- Arkansas - Record Report
- California - Excessive Heat Warning , Special Statement , Record Report
- Colorado - Areal Flood Advisory , Public Information Statement
- Connecticut - Record Report
- District of Columbia - Record Report
- Florida - Coastal Hazard Statement
- Georgia - Record Report
- Hawaii - Record Report
- Illinois - Special Statement , Air Quality Alert
- Indiana - Special Statement , Air Quality Alert
- Kentucky - Areal Flood Advisory , Special Statement
- Maryland - Special Statement , Record Report
- Massachusetts - Record Report
- Minnesota - Areal Flood Warning , Special Statement
- Mississippi - Record Report
- Missouri - Special Statement , Record Report
- Montana - Record Report
- Nevada - Heat Advisory , Excessive Heat Warning , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- North Carolina - Heat Advisory , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Rhode Island - Record Report
- South Carolina - Heat Advisory , Record Report
- South Dakota - Areal Flood Warning
- Tennessee - Record Report
- Texas - Air Quality Alert , Record Report
- Utah - Record Report
- Virginia - Heat Advisory , Special Statement , Record Report
- West Virginia - Record Report
- Wisconsin - Special Statement
- Wyoming - Record Report