Current Watches and Warnings
South Carolina, Coastal Georgetown
Statement as of 10:23 AM EST on February 06, 2016
Expires 10:22 AM EST on February 07, 2016
The Flood Warning continues for
the Santee river near Jamestown.
* At 9 am Saturday the stage was 12.7 feet.
* Flood stage is 10.0 feet.
* Minor flooding is occurring.
* Forecast, the river will continue rising to near 14.2 feet by
Monday evening. Additional rises may be possible thereafter.
* At 12.0 feet, several dirt logging roads are impassable.
Lat... Lon 3347 8002 3354 7998 3325 7937 3321 7938
3320 7951 3329 7976
Areal Flood Watch
Statement as of 2:57 PM EST on February 06, 2016
Expires 10:00 PM EST on February 07, 2016
... Flood Watch in effect from Sunday morning through Sunday
The National Weather Service in Wilmington has issued a
* Flood Watch for portions of southeast North Carolina and
northeast South Carolina... including the following areas... in
southeast North Carolina... coastal Brunswick... coastal New
Hanover... coastal Pender... Columbus... inland Brunswick...
inland New Hanover and inland Pender. In northeast South
Carolina... coastal Georgetown... inland Georgetown... coastal
Horry and inland Horry.
* From Sunday morning through Sunday evening
* periods of moderate to heavy rainfall from an intensifying storm
moving by the coast will result in 1 to 3 inches of rainfall...
especially along the coast. Isolated higher amounts are
possible. In addition... recent heavy rainfall has saturated the
ground. As a result... any new rainfall could quickly run-off and
lead to flooding.
* Low-lying... poor drainage... and other prone locations near
streams and creeks could easily flood during Sunday. In
addition... low spots along roadways and intersections could
flood as well creating driving hazards.
A Flood Watch means there is a potential for flooding based on
You should monitor later forecasts and be alert for possible
flood warnings. Those living in areas prone to flooding should be
prepared to take action should flooding develop.
Statement as of 1:19 PM EST on February 06, 2016
Expires 8:00 PM EST on February 07, 2016
... Wind Advisory in effect from 10 am to 8 PM EST Sunday...
The National Weather Service in Wilmington has issued a Wind
Advisory... which is in effect from 10 am to 8 PM EST Sunday.
* Winds... a strengthening coastal storm will move by the coast
during Sunday resulting in north winds of 20 to 35 mph with
gusts to 40 to 45 mph. The strongest winds will occur along the
* Timing... winds are expected to increase Sunday morning... then
peak during Sunday afternoon before diminishing below advisory
criteria during Sunday evening.
* Impacts... the ground is saturated from recent heavy rainfall. As
a result... poorly rooted and weak trees could easily be blown
down. Some power outages are also possible from the strong wind.
A Wind Advisory means that strong winds are expected. The strong
winds can make driving difficult... especially for high profile
vehicles. Use extra caution.
- Alabama - Flood Warning
- Alaska - Winter Weather Advisory , Winter Storm Watch , Public Information Statement
- Arizona - Lake Wind Advisory
- Arkansas - Flood Warning , Flood Advisory
- California - Wind Advisory, High Wind Watch , Wind Advisory , Lake Wind Advisory , High Wind Watch , Fire Weather Watch , Beach Hazard Statement , Public Information Statement
- Colorado - Public Information Statement
- Florida - Flood Warning , Coastal Hazard Statement , Beach Hazard Statement
- Georgia - Flood Warning
- Hawaii - Wind Advisory , High Wind Warning , Record Report
- Idaho - Air Quality Alert
- Illinois - Flood Warning , Public Information Statement
- Indiana - Flood Warning
- Iowa - Wind Advisory , Blizzard Watch
- Kentucky - Flood Warning
- Louisiana - Flood Warning
- Maine - Record Report
- Massachusetts - Coastal Flood Watch , Winter Storm Watch
- Michigan - Flood Advisory
- Minnesota - Wind Advisory , Winter Weather Advisory , Blizzard Watch , Blizzard Warning , Winter Storm Warning
- Mississippi - Flood Warning
- Missouri - Flood Warning , Flood Advisory
- Montana - High Wind Warning , Winter Weather Advisory
- Nebraska - Wind Advisory , High Wind Watch , High Wind Warning
- Nevada - Lake Wind Advisory
- North Carolina - Flood Warning , Coastal Flood Warning , Coastal Flood Advisory, High Surf Advisory , Areal Flood Watch , Wind Advisory , High Wind Warning , Special Statement
- North Dakota - High Wind Warning , Blizzard Warning
- South Carolina - Flood Warning , Areal Flood Watch , Lake Wind Advisory , Wind Advisory , Hydrologic Statement
- South Dakota - Wind Advisory , High Wind Warning , Blizzard Warning , Blizzard Watch , Air Quality Alert
- Tennessee - Flood Warning , Flood Advisory , Special Statement
- Texas - Flood Warning , Special Statement
- Utah - Public Information Statement
- Virginia - Flood Warning , Coastal Flood Advisory, High Surf Advisory , Special Statement
- Washington - Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Wyoming - High Wind Warning , Public Information Statement