Current Watches and Warnings
Areal Flood Warning
Statement as of 2:15 PM CDT on August 03, 2015
Expires 11:00 AM EDT on August 04, 2015
The National Weather Service in Amarillo has issued a
* Flood Warning for...
Randall County in the Panhandle of Texas...
southern Potter County in the Panhandle of Texas...
* until 1000 am CDT Tuesday
* Amarillo/Potter/Randall emergency management reported Playa
Lake flooding in and around Amarillo due to 1 to 2 inches of rain
that fell early this morning across parts of Amarillo. An
additional 1 to 2 inches with locally higher amounts to 4 inches
are possible through tonight. Playa Lake flooding
may worsen with additional rainfall threatening roads and homes
near the lakes. Flash flood watches are in effect for the entire
Texas and Oklahoma panhandles due to a general flood threat for
the entire area due to anticipated excessive rainfall.
* Some locations that will experience flooding include...
canyon... Amarillo... Umbarger...
Buffalo Lake... Bushland...
Playa Lake floods are occurring at Playa Lake number 7 (greenways
playa)... Lawrence Lake... McDonald Lake... Diamond Horseshoe
Lake... McCarty Lake. Willow Grove Lake is at capacity. Do not drive
through barricaded roadways. Any additional rainfall this afternoon
or tonight will cause flooded roadways and will threaten property.
Homeowners near Playa Lakes are urged to keep a close eye on
rainfall and prepare to evacuate flooded areas immediately.
Lat... Lon 3475 10217 3536 10217 3537 10163 3474 10163
Flash Flood Watch
Statement as of 8:56 PM CDT on August 03, 2015
Expires 11:00 AM EDT on August 04, 2015
... Flash Flood Watch remains in effect through 10 am Tuesday
The Flash Flood Watch continues for
* portions of Oklahoma and Texas... including the following
areas... in Oklahoma... Beaver... Cimarron and Texas. In Texas...
Armstrong... Carson... Collingsworth... Dallam... Deaf Smith...
Donley... gray... Hansford... Hartley... Hemphill... Hutchinson...
Lipscomb... Moore... Ochiltree... Oldham... Potter... Randall...
Roberts... Sherman and Wheeler.
* Through 10 am Tuesday morning
* scattered to numerous thunderstorms are expected to continue to
develop this evening and tonight across the Texas and Oklahoma
panhandles. Very heavy rains are likely to occur. One to two inches
of additional rain can be expected in most locations... with
isolated amounts around 4 inches occurring with some of the
* Flash flooding could impact travel. Fast flowing water can
sweep vehicles from roadways.
A Flash Flood Watch means that conditions may develop that lead
to flash flooding. Flash flooding is a very dangerous situation.
You should monitor later forecasts and be prepared to take action
should flash flood warnings be issued.
- Alabama - Record Report
- Alaska - Record Report
- Arizona - Excessive Heat Warning
- Arkansas - Flood Warning
- California - Wind Advisory , Excessive Heat Warning , Heat Advisory , Fire Weather Warning , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Colorado - Severe Thunderstorm Warning , Severe Thunderstorm Warning , Special Statement , Public Information Statement
- Florida - Areal Flood Warning , Flood Warning , Areal Flood Watch, Coastal Flood Statement , Areal Flood Watch , Areal Flood Advisory , Areal Flood Watch, Coastal Hazard Statement , Areal Flood Watch, Coastal Flood Statement, Coastal Hazard Statement , Coastal Hazard Statement , Record Report
- Georgia - Air Quality Alert , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Guam - High Surf Advisory
- Hawaii - Tropical Storm Watch , High Surf Advisory , Record Report
- Idaho - Air Quality Alert , Record Report
- Illinois - Flood Warning , Public Information Statement
- Indiana - Flood Warning , Public Information Statement
- Kentucky - Areal Flood Warning, Flash Flood Warning , Areal Flood Warning , Areal Flood Advisory , Special Statement
- Louisiana - Flood Warning
- Mississippi - Flood Warning
- Missouri - Flood Warning
- Montana - Flash Flood Watch , Air Quality Alert
- New Mexico - Areal Flood Advisory , Public Information Statement
- New York - Coastal Hazard Statement
- Oklahoma - Severe Thunderstorm Watch , Flash Flood Watch
- Oregon - Fire Weather Warning , Record Report
- Pennsylvania - Severe Thunderstorm Warning , Special Statement
- South Carolina - Public Information Statement
- South Dakota - Severe Thunderstorm Warning , Flash Flood Watch
- Texas - Severe Thunderstorm Watch , Flood Warning , Areal Flood Warning , Areal Flood Advisory, Flash Flood Watch , Areal Flood Advisory , Flash Flood Watch
- Utah - Special Statement , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Washington - Fire Weather Warning, Fire Weather Watch , Fire Weather Warning , Record Report
- West Virginia - Special Statement
- Wyoming - Flash Flood Watch , Special Statement , Record Report , Public Information Statement