Current Watches and Warnings
Statement as of 4:45 AM CDT on March 18, 2018
Expires 10:00 PM EDT on March 18, 2018
... Wind Advisory remains in effect from 1 PM this afternoon to
9 PM CDT this evening...
* timing... Sunday afternoon and evening from 1 PM to 9 PM CDT.
* Winds... southwest 25 to 35 mph with gusts up to 55 mph.
* Impacts... sudden wind gusts can cause drivers to lose control
especially ... in lightweight or high profile vehicles. Strong
winds can cause blowing dust... reducing visibilities... and may
cause flying debris. Light outdoor objects could be moved by
the strong winds.
Motorists should exercise caution while driving in the Wind
Advisory area. Stay alert to sudden gusts of wind which may cause
you to lose control of your vehicle. Extra attention should be
given to drivers of high profile vehicles. Secure outdoor items.
Fire Weather Warning
Statement as of 4:42 AM CDT on March 18, 2018
Expires 7:00 AM EDT on March 19, 2018
... Red flag warning remains in effect from 1 PM this afternoon to
6 am CDT Monday for strong winds and low relative humidity for
the western and central Texas Panhandle...
* affected area... in Texas... Dallam... Sherman... Hansford...
Hartley... Moore... Hutchinson... Roberts... Oldham... Potter...
Carson... gray... Deaf Smith... Randall... Armstrong... Donley and
* 20 foot winds... southwest 30 to 40 mph with gusts up to 60 mph
shifting to the northwest 25 to 35 mph with gusts up to 50 mph
after 2 am CDT Monday.
* Relative humidity... as low as 13 percent.
* Red flag threat index... 3 to 4 in the central Texas Panhandle. 4 to
5 for the western Texas Panhandle.
* Timing... between 1 PM Sunday and 6 am CDT Monday.
A red flag warning means that critical fire weather conditions
are either occurring now... or will shortly. A combination of
strong winds... low relative humidity... and warm temperatures will
create favorable weather for rapid fire growth and spread. Avoid
activities that promote open flames and Sparks.
For more information from the National Weather Service visit...
- Alaska - Winter Weather Advisory , Wind Chill Advisory , Winter Storm Warning , Special Statement
- Arizona - Wind Advisory , Winter Weather Advisory
- Arkansas - Flood Warning
- California - Frost Advisory , Freeze Warning , Record Report
- Colorado - Winter Weather Advisory , Fire Weather Warning
- Florida - Special Statement
- Guam - Coastal Hazard Statement
- Idaho - Winter Weather Advisory , Record Report
- Illinois - Flood Warning , Dense Fog Advisory , Special Statement
- Indiana - Flood Warning
- Iowa - Flood Warning , Dense Fog Advisory
- Kansas - Fire Weather Warning
- Kentucky - Flood Warning , Record Report
- Louisiana - Storm Surge Warning, Tropical Storm Warning , Flood Warning , Dense Fog Advisory
- Michigan - Flood Warning
- Mississippi - Flood Warning , Dense Fog Advisory
- Missouri - Flood Warning , Flood Advisory , Dense Fog Advisory
- Montana - Areal Flood Warning , Areal Flood Advisory , Winter Weather Advisory , Special Statement
- Nevada -
- New Mexico - High Wind Warning , Wind Advisory , Winter Weather Advisory , Fire Weather Warning
- North Dakota - Winter Weather Advisory
- Oklahoma - Fire Weather Warning
- Oregon - Winter Weather Advisory , Record Report
- South Dakota - Flood Warning , Winter Weather Advisory
- Tennessee - Flood Warning , Flood Advisory
- Texas - Tropical Storm Warning , Storm Surge Watch, Tropical Storm Warning , Flood Warning , Wind Advisory , High Wind Warning , Fire Weather Watch , Fire Weather Warning , Fire Weather Warning, Fire Weather Watch , Special Statement
- Utah - Winter Weather Advisory , Avalanche Warning
- Washington - Winter Weather Advisory
- Wisconsin -
- Wyoming - Winter Weather Advisory , Winter Storm Warning , Special Statement