Current Watches and Warnings
Statement as of 11:29 AM CDT on April 18, 2015
Expires 8:00 AM EDT on April 22, 2015
1129 am CDT Sat Apr 18 2015
The Flood Warning continues for
the Neches River near Alto.
* Until further notice... or until the warning is cancelled.
* At 7:00 am Saturday the stage was 17.0 feet.
* Minor flooding is occurring and minor flooding is forecast.
* Flood stage is 16.0 feet.
* Forecast... the river will remain near 16.9 feet.
* Impact... at 18.0 feet... expect moderate to severe flooding of the
heavily wooded floodplain. Boat ramps and picnic areas will be
Lat... Lon 3167 9524 3152 9504 3138 9492 3133 9500 3166 9537
The Flood Warning continues for
the Neches River near Diboll.
* From Monday afternoon to Wednesday morning... or until the warning
* At 11:15 am Saturday the stage was 11.0 feet.
* Minor flooding is forecast.
* Flood stage is 12.0 feet.
* Forecast... rise above flood stage by Monday early afternoon and
continue to rise to near 12.1 feet by Monday evening. The river
will fall below flood stage by Tuesday early afternoon.
* Impact... at 12.0 feet... minor lowland flooding occurs.
Lat... Lon 3138 9492 3107 9455 3103 9459 3111 9485 3136 9500
Statement as of 11:04 PM CDT on April 18, 2015
Expires 1:00 AM EDT on April 19, 2015
... Significant weather advisory for Polk... northeastern Houston...
Trinity... southeastern Walker and San Jacinto counties until midnight
At 1101 PM CDT... Doppler radar was tracking a line of strong
thunderstorms along a line extending from 8 miles northwest of
Kennard to 6 miles north of Sebastopol to near Riverside to
Huntsville to near Anderson... and moving east southeast at 35 to 40
mph. This line of storms has a history of 35 to 45 mph wind gusts
and dime sized hail.
Hail up to nickel size hail... wind gusts up to 50 mph... frequent
lightning... and brief heavy rainfall will be possible with these
Locations impacted include...
southeastern Huntsville... Livingston... Apple Springs... Shepherd...
Onalaska... Corrigan... Groveton... New Waverly... Coldspring... point
blank... Kennard... Goodrich... Seven Oaks... Lake Livingston State
Park... Alabama-Coushatta reservation... Sebastopol... Huntsville State
Park... west Livingston... Oakhurst and Moscow.
These storms may intensify... so be certain to monitor local radio and
TV stations... as well as local cable TV outlets... for additional
information and possible warnings from the National Weather Service.
To report severe weather... contact your nearest law enforcement
agency. They will relay your report to the National Weather Service
office in League City .
Lat... Lon 3140 9497 3138 9495 3134 9496 3133 9490
3128 9488 3126 9490 3123 9486 3115 9485
3106 9456 3101 9466 3080 9461 3064 9466
3042 9501 3043 9518 3052 9534 3053 9562
3064 9554 3082 9534 3099 9528 3152 9530
time... Mot... loc 0401z 297deg 45kt 3145 9529 3100 9528 3082 9534 3064
9553 3047 9590
Public Information Statement
Statement as of 6:09 PM CDT on April 18, 2015
... Area of Matagorda Bay closes to shellfish harvesting...
The Texas department of state health services announces that
effective at 12:01 am Sunday April 19 2015... the conditionally
approved harvest area tx13 of Matagorda Bay... as depicted on
the map dated November 1 2014... will beclosed to the harvesting of
molluscan shellfish defined as oysters... clams and mussels.
- Alabama - Flood Warning , Flash Flood Watch, Coastal Hazard Statement , Flash Flood Watch
- Alaska - Wind Advisory , Blizzard Warning
- Arkansas - Flood Warning , Flood Advisory , Hydrologic Statement
- California - Record Report
- Colorado - Winter Weather Advisory , Winter Storm Warning , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Connecticut - Flood Warning
- Florida - Flood Warning , Flash Flood Watch, Coastal Hazard Statement , Flash Flood Watch , Record Report
- Georgia - Flood Warning , Areal Flood Watch , Flash Flood Watch , Record Report
- Illinois - Flood Warning
- Indiana - Flood Warning
- Iowa - Public Information Statement
- Kansas - Areal Flood Warning
- Kentucky - Flood Warning , Flood Advisory
- Louisiana - Flood Warning , Flood Watch , Flood Advisory , Hydrologic Statement , Record Report
- Maine - Flood Warning, Areal Flood Warning , Coastal Flood Watch
- Minnesota - Public Information Statement
- Mississippi - Flood Warning , Flash Flood Warning , Flood Advisory , Flash Flood Watch , Special Statement , Hydrologic Statement , Record Report
- Missouri - Flood Warning , Flood Advisory
- Montana - Lake Wind Advisory
- Nebraska - Record Report , Public Information Statement
- New Hampshire - Coastal Flood Watch
- New Mexico - Wind Advisory
- North Carolina - Areal Flood Watch , Record Report
- North Dakota - Flood Warning
- Oklahoma - Severe Thunderstorm Watch , Severe Thunderstorm Watch , Flood Warning , Areal Flood Advisory , Special Statement , Hydrologic Statement
- South Carolina - Areal Flood Watch , Record Report
- South Dakota - Public Information Statement
- Tennessee - Flood Warning , Flood Advisory
- Texas - Severe Thunderstorm Watch , Severe Thunderstorm Warning , Severe Thunderstorm Warning , Flood Warning , Flash Flood Warning , Areal Flood Advisory , Special Statement , Hydrologic Statement , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Utah - Record Report
- Virginia - Areal Flood Watch
- Wyoming - Winter Weather Advisory , Winter Storm Warning , Special Statement , Record Report
- - Small Craft Advisory