Current Watches and Warnings
Fire Weather Warning
Statement as of 5:44 AM CDT on March 19, 2018
Expires 8:00 PM EDT on March 19, 2018
... Red flag warning in effect from 10 am this morning to 7 PM CDT
this evening for very dry conditions and gusty winds...
The National Weather Service in Austin/San Antonio has issued a
red flag warning, which is in effect from 10 am this morning to
7 PM CDT this evening. The Fire Weather Watch is no longer in
* Affected area... counties along and west of the Interstate 35
* Wind... northwest 10 to 15 mph with gusts to 25 mph.
* Humidity... 10 to 15 percent.
* Impacts... any fires that develop will likely spread rapidly.
Outdoor burning is not recommended.
A Fire Weather Watch means that critical fire weather conditions
are forecast to occur. Outdoor burning is not recommended. Avoid
outdoor activities that could inadvertently cause wildfires.
Report wildfires quickly to the nearest Fire Department or law
enforcement office. Listen for later forecasts and possible red
A red flag warning means that critical fire weather conditions
are either occurring now... .or will shortly. A combination of
strong winds... low relative humidity... and warm temperatures can
contribute to extreme fire behavior.
- Alabama - Coastal Hazard Statement , Dense Fog Advisory
- Alaska - Winter Weather Advisory , Record Report
- Arizona - Record Report
- Arkansas - Flood Warning , Lake Wind Advisory , Dense Fog Advisory , Special Statement
- California - Frost Advisory , Freeze Warning , Special Statement , Record Report
- Colorado - Winter Weather Advisory
- Florida - Coastal Hazard Statement , Dense Fog Advisory , Special Statement
- Guam - Coastal Hazard Statement
- Illinois - Flood Warning
- Indiana - Flood Warning
- Iowa - Flood Warning
- Kansas - Winter Weather Advisory
- Louisiana - Storm Surge Warning, Tropical Storm Warning , Flood Warning , Lake Wind Advisory , Dense Fog Advisory , Record Report
- Michigan - Flood Warning
- Mississippi - Flood Warning , Dense Fog Advisory
- Missouri - Flood Warning , Flood Advisory
- Montana - Areal Flood Warning , Areal Flood Advisory , Areal Flood Watch , Winter Weather Advisory
- Nebraska - Winter Weather Advisory
- Nevada - Special Statement
- New Mexico - Wind Advisory , Fire Weather Warning
- North Carolina - Special Statement
- North Dakota - Winter Weather Advisory
- Oklahoma - Wind Advisory , Lake Wind Advisory
- Puerto Rico - Coastal Hazard Statement
- South Dakota - Flood Warning
- Tennessee - Flood Warning , Flood Advisory , Special Statement
- Texas - Tropical Storm Warning , Storm Surge Watch, Tropical Storm Warning , Flood Warning , Wind Advisory , Lake Wind Advisory , Fire Weather Warning , Special Statement , Record Report
- Utah - Avalanche Warning , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Virginia - Special Statement
- Wisconsin -
- Wyoming - Special Statement